Forfar Athletic Vs Elgin City

Assume this thread will role in to Tuesdays game aswell so would love a wee run in the challenge cup this season. Always seems like an opportunity wasted to go a wee hit deeper into a cup than normal

47 minutes ago, lwh said:

Assume this thread will role in to Tuesdays game aswell so would love a wee run in the challenge cup this season. Always seems like an opportunity wasted to go a wee hit deeper into a cup than normal

I wonder how much we'll rotate for the Tuesday game?

It was fun the first year of this cup (whatever it was called before SPFL Trust and Tunnocks Caramel Wafer) when we played The New Saints, would fancy another Welsh or Irish team, should we go further.

50 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

I wonder how much we'll rotate for the Tuesday game?

It was fun the first year of this cup (whatever it was called before SPFL Trust and Tunnocks Caramel Wafer) when we played The New Saints, would fancy another Welsh or Irish team, should we go further.

Can't really remember any of the games since the new saints either, feels like we're always away from home.

1 hour ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Genuinely couldn’t care less about that challenge cup. Just another game I’m praying folk aren’t injured in to hamper our league title challenge.

I get it. Colts teams and stuff like that make it so much less appealing, still feels like something that can provide a slither of glory for clubs like us 

1 minute ago, lwh said:

I get it. Colts teams and stuff like that make it so much less appealing, still feels like something that can provide a slither of glory for clubs like us 

I’d rather we were pumped out of in on Tuesday. No interest in it whatsoever 

43 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

See that Elgin have got their new striker in time for today's game.

Elgin have a striker, we're likely missing ours. Does that change the predictions for anyone?

I sincerely hope we still have too much for them.

1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

Elgin have a striker, we're likely missing ours. Does that change the predictions for anyone?

I sincerely hope we still have too much for them.

Still feel we will be too strong for Elgin today.

I’d take a scrappy 1-0 win. Any sort of win will do.

hopefully Patterson is up top, that way we can play Thomson & Ross. Think that’s the best front three option we have with Skelly out injured.

Patterson done well in his trial games & he knows where the goal is, if he has runners around him I think he will strive.

4 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Setting up at home as if we were playing Real Madrid can get in the bin. Five at the back , two holding midfielders and nothing even resembling a striker ( Watson was hopeless). Not an ideal start.

Only positives from that game were a clean sheet & Stuart Morrison. He’s solid at the back & reads the game very well, he looks to be a very good signing.

other than that I can’t think of anything good to say.

Patterson looks like he wants to make something happen.

Watson didn't look like he knew what was happening. Agree on the Morrison shout, proper centre half. Nice to see.