Kilmarnock v Heart of Midlothian

Just now, Austin McCann said:

I absolutely get the the looking through "Killie glasses", mine are a very deep maroon, but we,ve got VAR. So the referee, linesman and VAR officials watched that and between them concluded it was a yellow. Something is not right.

Aye I’ve not seen it and the angle I was at the Hearts boy was blocking my view of Dennis. 

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Aye I’ve not seen it and the angle I was at the Hearts boy was blocking my view of Dennis. 

He comes out and kicks him at thigh height.  It was a mental challenge tbh and I'm amazed VAR didn't upgrade it. Them's the breaks I suppose but just seems pointless if it's missing that.

Not a great game at all. We weren't great and a draw probably would've been fair overall, but we never really looked like conceding, one save from Clark aside.

Shown great character the last few games, and that's a tough place to win so delighted with it.

Hope Boyce is OK, every time we get players back we seem to lose others.

2 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

He comes out and kicks him at thigh height.  It was a mental challenge tbh and I'm amazed VAR didn't upgrade it. Them's the breaks I suppose but just seems pointless if it's missing that.

I was absolutely raging with the referee as well 😂.

Just saw it. No idea how if the refereeing team saw enough to say it’s a booking only based on the fact that the “foul” is part of the offside.

If the rules allow you to book him then it’s definitely a red.

My rage today was probably due to not understanding the rules to be honest. The Hearts boy was clearly offside and everyone knew it. The linesman raised his flag so for me the “foul” isn’t in play.

After I did my nut for a wee while the guy in front (who must’ve been fed up listening to me shouting over his head) said  though it’s offside he can’t just wipe him out. I said he caught him after the whistle hence the free kick being ours to which he replied “what if he just punched him as they stood here just now? Would he not get sent off?” and of course at this point the penny dropped.

10 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Just saw it. No idea how if the refereeing team saw enough to say it’s a booking only based on the fact that the “foul” is part of the offside.

If the rules allow you to book him then it’s definitely a red.

My rage today was probably due to not understanding the rules to be honest. The Hearts boy was clearly offside and everyone knew it. The linesman raised his flag so for me the “foul” isn’t in play.

After I did my nut for a wee while the guy in front (who must’ve been fed up listening to me shouting over his head) said  though it’s offside he can’t just wipe him out. I said he caught him after the whistle hence the free kick being ours to which he replied “what if he just punched him as they stood here just now? Would he not get sent off?” and of course at this point the penny dropped.

Tbh it's where the new rules of keeping the flag down run the risk of injury. It was clearly off, just flag. If Oda had been unlucky he could've got really hurt and for what reason? The miniscule chance it was on? Officials just don't want to make decision anymore.

21 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Tbh it's where the new rules of keeping the flag down run the risk of injury. It was clearly off, just flag. If Oda had been unlucky he could've got really hurt and for what reason? The miniscule chance it was on? Officials just don't want to make decision anymore.

Exactly what we said at the game (even allowing for the fact I didn’t think he had caught him) and I’m sure what most people think, someone will need to get a serious injury (probably in a big European or international game) due to the offside rule with when the flag is waved now before they fix it.

16 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Exactly what we said at the game (even allowing for the fact I didn’t think he had caught him) and I’m sure what most people think, someone will need to get a serious injury (probably in a big European or international game) due to the offside rule with when the flag is waved now before they fix it.

Bizarrely, Kenny Miller thought it was never a red.

Oh wait, not bizarre at all - Kenny Miller is an absolute moron.

(terrible, terrible game, though - Armstrong of Killie the only player on the pitch trying to play football.).