Derek Adams interview

12 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I didn't find it funny and Neil McCann was manager of Dundee in the Premiership as someone else said.

Saying Morecambe wouldn't be competitive in the Scottish Premiership is unfair. I don't see a basis for that view. It's an example of being unintentionally disrespectful. Scottish fans feel English football can be disrespectful to the Scottish game, but do the exact same to the Irish game or lower league English game. 

There's nothing disrespectful obout saying a club in it's current form would struggle in the Scottish Premiership.

Disrespecting standard of football in a country however..

Just now, jakedee said:

There's nothing disrespectful obout saying a club in it's current form would struggle in the Scottish Premiership.

That's like comparing langoustine to haggis and both reside in bonnie Scotland but like me, you're still downing oatcakes

21 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I didn't find it funny and Neil McCann was manager of Dundee in the Premiership as someone else said.

Saying Morecambe wouldn't be competitive in the Scottish Premiership is unfair. I don't see a basis for that view. It's an example of being unintentionally disrespectful. Scottish fans feel English football can be disrespectful to the Scottish game, but do the exact same to the Irish game or lower league English game. 

Fair play pal,

I'm old enough to remember the Anglo-Scottish cup and that was fun

13 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Faddy didn't say anything about current form or struggling. He said in no uncertain terms that Morecambe would not be competitive in Scotland's top division. I think that's being disrespectful (unintentionally) and I don't see a basis for that statement.

His (Adams) Morecambe team might beat Ross County, but Morecambe wouldn't come up here and be competitive in the Scottish Premiership.

James McFadden

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/67743726

If I were a Morecambe fan I might think Scottish fans were arrogant in the same way Scottish fans feel the English are arrogant and look down at our game. 

Edited by 2426255

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Excellent.

You're deeply ignorant and have nothing worthwhile to contribute to this discussion.

Yep, the 2 loudest supporters of Adams on this thread are the ones most ignorant of either his time in Scotland before, or just Scottish football. Yet think he's spot on saying it as it is.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep, the 2 loudest supporters of Adams on this thread are the ones most ignorant of either his time in Scotland before, or just Scottish football. Yet think he's spot on saying it as it is.

The Ross County fans who ventured into this thread, who presumably know him best, were in general agreement with me. I trust their judgement more than opposition fans like yourself.

31 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

I mean, there were County fans on here who defended Malky Mackay so let's not take their opinion on the manager of Ross County too seriously.

Nonsense. one thing has nothing to do with the other. One day someone will provide me with a decent counter argument instead of this character slagging kind of rubbish. Argue the topic on it's own merits.

Edited by 2426255

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

The Ross County fans who ventured into this thread, who presumably know him best, were in general agreement with me. I trust their judgement more than opposition fans like yourself.

I wonder how many logical fallacies these two brief sentences contain. 

Ironically, you were camped out in the Motherwell thread recently insisting that your thoughts on the Kettlewell situation had more weight than theirs.

12 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Ironically, you were camped out in the Motherwell thread recently insisting that your thoughts on the Kettlewell situation had more weight than theirs.

I made the points I wanted to make, asked Motherwell fans what they thought, gave my view from the perspective of an outsider and then left when the conversation moved on to the changes at board level. I never argued with anyone or insisted my thoughts had more weight than Motherwell fans so not sure where you're getting that idea from. Similar in the Ross County thread. 

To get back on point Scottish football fans generally have taken his comments as an insult in my opinion, but the fans who have had him as their manager (Morecambe and Ross County) aren't bothered by it. That tells its own story.  

8 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I made the points I wanted to make, asked Motherwell fans what they thought, gave my view from the perspective of an outsider and then left when the conversation moved on to the changes at board level. I never argued with anyone or insisted my thoughts had more weight than Motherwell fans so not sure where you're getting that idea from. Similar in the Ross County thread. 

To get back on point Scottish football fans generally have taken his comments as an insult in my opinion, but the fans who have had him as their manager (Morecambe and Ross County) aren't bothered by it. That tells its own story.  

Have a night off ffs. 

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Faddy didn't say anything about current form or struggling. He said in no uncertain terms that Morecambe would not be competitive in Scotland's top division. I think that's being disrespectful (unintentionally) and I don't see a basis for that statement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/67743726

If I were a Morecambe fan I might think Scottish fans were arrogant in the same way Scottish fans feel the English are arrogant and look down at our game. 

Think he's just being honest and direct. Refreshing IMO.

2426255 makes valid points and appears to be the only one in tune with the current situation engulfing the beautiful game throughout Scotland, highlighted so eloquently by the great one.

One thing's for certain, there's no going back now and the game will either improve because of it or fade into obscurity due to its failure to change the way the SPL is set up.

2 minutes ago, on the bonnie bonnie banks said:

Yep, ridiculous 

The fact that you think any of that helps your argument about the standard is brilliant. 

The standard of defending. The standard of goalkeeping,  the time he's given. His gut. It's all shite.