Derek Adams interview

I thought it was brilliant. Not sure if he was serious or not, but it made me laugh. Docherty's response was also funny. 😂 You could argue for or against, but I tend to side with the view that he was emotional or he was trying to jolt his players/distract. I think maybe the game in itself was worse than some League 2 games, but that would be as far as I'd take it.

A fair bit of truth in what he said, but it depends on what you think is a good product.

Scottish Football is a great laugh - Never a dull moment.

He's basically alienating his own players though, saying they're shite whilst at the same time doing every other team's team talk.

Did Butcher not do similar a few years ago and Hibs got relegated?

It depends.

The problem with comparisons with the English leagues is that their divisions are so big and varied, that labelling any of our teams of any certain level doesn't really work.

It's not a mad idea that the current Morecambe team is better than Ross County. They might be. I'd imagine in terms of budgets there won't be much in it. I wouldn't be at all surprised if one of the better sides in England's League Two knocked a lower-end SPFL Premiership team out of an imaginary British Cup.

The EFL divisions are a hugely mixed bag, and it's also a different kind of football. Physical in a different way, with loads of teams that play identically.

It's one of these things you can argue either way, but it's not insane to say Morecambe are better. I mean, Ross COunty are, no offence, fucking pish.

8 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's not a mad idea that the current Morecambe team is better than Ross County.

That wasn't his argument though. The idea that they are 100 times better (whatever way you measure it) was hilariously ridiculous.

Bit late in posting I see.

As an aside, how would someone measure 100 times better? Does that mean if Ross County played Morecambe that Morecambe would win by three figures?

Edited by Alert Mongoose

3 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

That wasn't his argument though. The idea that they are 100 times better (whatever way you measure it) was hilariously ridiculous.

It was just hyperbole obviously. Are we going to get some statisticians to calculate that Morecambe are only 3.75 times better. Can't believe anyone is taking that literally. 

giphy.gif

Edited by 2426255