Derek Adams interview

4 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

It was just hyperbole obviously. Are we going to get some statisticians to calculate that Morecambe are only 3.75 times better. Can't believe anyone is taking that literally. 

giphy.gif

Man awards himself a platform to comment on the entirety of the Scottish game, he should probably not say things he doesn’t literally mean if he doesn’t want people to take it that way. 

Just now, 2426255 said:

Eh? Managers do that all the time. Alex Ferguson was a master at that. 

Roy wanted a "Fergie like" character and that's what Adams is. Makes it us against the world. He'll build a siege mentality. He's getting exactly what he wanted from what he said

Ross County 0-1 Dundee: Boss Derek Adams fumes at 'shocking' league standard - BBC Sport

Joe Shaughnessy's dramatic 96th-minute winner gave Dundee victory, but Adams took aim at the quality on show in the entire division, as well as lamenting his side's performance.

"The standard is shocking. It's one of the worst games I've ever seen," Adams told BBC Sportsound.

"I've been back and I see the standard and I think 'wow - any chance?' If I'm a spectator watching this today, I'm thinking 'is this what Scottish football is all about?' It needs to up its game."

Adams added: "I've left a team down in League Two that's miles better than this team. Miles. That's saying something. We had the bottom budget in League Two, and they were 100 times better than this."

5 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:

Roy wanted a "Fergie like" character and that's what Adams is. Makes it us against the world. He'll build a siege mentality. He's getting exactly what he wanted from what he said

I think you're probably right. He's probably smarter than to just be reacting. I think a lot of fans are getting taken in by this to be honest. I don't know him well enough - but that's what I suspect.

He didn't have steam coming out of his ears and spoke calmly unlike say Craig Levein at times when it was obvious the emotions had taken control.

Edited by 2426255

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Derek Adams is too smart for all of us. 

Now you're getting the idea. He's said it for a reaction. Why is that not obvious? How are people getting taken in by this? 😂 Is it distraction or to build a siege mentality, not sure personally. If you take his comments literally you're barking up the wrong tree imo.

Edited by 2426255

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It is surely insane to say they are "100 times better" than Ross County though. Liverpool might be 100 times better, Morecambe certainly aren't.

Aston Villa ( budgets , budgets ) really cuffed us in Europe 

Rangers got cuffed last season.

It is just a question of how far down the English leagues their teams can do this ? 

I think the average English team will have the physicality and be more skilful 

3 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Now you're getting the idea. He's said it for a reaction. Why is that not obvious? 😂 Is it distraction or to build a siege mentality, not sure personally. If you take his comments literally you're barking up the wrong tree imo.

Lots of people say things to get a reaction. Social media is full to bursting with people who say things just to get attention. It doesn’t make them smart. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Lots of people say things to get a reaction. Social media is full to bursting with people who say things just to get attention. It doesn’t make them smart. 

I said he was smarter than being emotional about the game. Look at the end of the day it's unprovable. If you want to believe that he meant what he said literally then knock yourself out mate.

6 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Aston Villa ( budgets , budgets ) really cuffed us in Europe 

Rangers got cuffed last season.

It is just a question of how far down the English leagues their teams can do this ? 

I think the average English team will have the physicality and be more skilful 

Villa also stuck 6 past Brighton and 4 past West Ham, Everton and AZ. It doesn't mean Scottish football can't compete with Morecambe. 

2 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I said he was smarter than being emotional about the game. Look at the end of the day it's unprovable. If you want to believe that he meant what he said literally then knock yourself out mate.

I’m really not quite sure what your point is. Youre just saying he doesn’t literally mean morecambe are 100x better than county and other teams in the league. 

Well, ok then but I still think his comments are pathetic and I suspect his players will just think he’s a bit of a tit for saying it. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I’m really not quite sure what your point is. Youre just saying he doesn’t literally mean morecambe are 100x better than county and other teams in the league. 

Well, ok then but I still think his comments are pathetic and I suspect his players will just think he’s a bit of a tit for saying it. 

It's all there, I'm no re-explaining it. Have a nice day.