Derek Adams interview

3 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Sometimes the players deserve it. Stop treating them like they are delicate little flowers and you have to protect their precious feelings.

To some extent that is exactly what they are and it might feel good for a manager to bellow at their underlings but it doesn't work like that in real life does it. If your manager just comes in every day and yells at you either you quit or it ends up at a tribunal for constructive dismissal.

2 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Well, we'll see come New Year. It would be unreasonable to expect Adams has self sabotaged his career before it's even started so he has maybe told the players something we aren't aware of privately that would help create that mentality or it's to find out who are the good characters in the team ahead of  getting replacements in January. 

It's easy to just say he's a w**k (opposition fans). I think it's better to give him the benefit of the doubt, look at why he's said that and see how it plays out.

If he can come out with pish about almost encouraging fans not to attend and gets off with it then I expect his career at County is pretty safe tbh. 

I think if players downed tools after his interview it wouldn't show them as bad characters. It would be perfectly natural. 

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt if it was an isolated incident but I've known Adams and his shite for quite some time. You've already admitted to not knowing much about him so I think the folk slating him maybe know him a wee bit better, no? 

He’s a fucking rocket and IMO he has dug a big hole for himself with his Ratners rant.

The boy has taken money out of Scottish Football for years it’s paid his mortgage cars and holidays, he owes his lifestyle to Scottish Football and yet here he is calling us all mugs for going along and supporting our teams. He’s a fucking hypocrite.

Yes there has been something of a decline in quality but I refuse to accept that it’s fallen off a cliff in the few years he has been down south. Money has completely taken over the game globally and our teams can’t compete with the wages - the blowhard wee fud knows that fine well. 

if I was a Ross County player I don’t think I would find this as any kind of motivation.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think if players downed tools after his interview it wouldn't show them as bad characters. It would be perfectly natural. 

It's if they don't down tools that I'll find interesting. We'll see though.

Edited by 2426255

Just now, Stevie Kirk said:

He’s a fucking rocket and IMO he has dug a big hole for himself with his Ratners rant.

The boy has taken money out of Scottish Football for years it’s paid his mortgage cars and holidays, he owes his lifestyle to Scottish Football and yet here he is calling us all mugs for going along and supporting our teams. He’s a fucking hypocrite.

Yes there has been something of a decline in quality but I refuse to accept that it’s fallen off a cliff in the few years he has been down south. Money has completely taken over the game globally and our teams can’t compete with the wages - the blowhard wee fud knows that fine well. 

if I was a Ross County player I don’t think I would find this as any kind of motivation.

It's his arrogance I find so perplexing. He's speaking like he's just had a stint in La Liga and County are.lucky to have landed such a big name. He was at Morecambe ffs. He clearly sees himself as a far better manager than he actually is. 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

It's his arrogance I find so perplexing. He's speaking like he's just had a stint in La Liga and County are.lucky to have landed such a big name. He was at Morecambe ffs. He clearly sees himself as a far better manager than he actually is. 

Quietly that's the funniest part of it I think. Not even one of the good English diddy teams

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You don't like him, do you? 😂 As I said, it's mostly opposition fans with long standing grudges and gripes about him on here getting the knives out. Do I find that funny? yes.

Edited by 2426255

4 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

You don't like him, do you? 😂 As I said, it's mostly opposition fans with long standing grudges and gripes about him on here getting the knives out.

I don't like him, no. I don't tend to like arrogant arseholes in my personal life either tbh. 

Your only justification for his behaviour has made absolutely no logical sense. 

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't like him, no. I don't tend to like arrogant arseholes in my personal life either tbh. 

Your only justification for his behaviour has made absolutely no logical sense. 

I haven't made a justification for him. I'm asking what are the alternative reasons that he might have said that and could it be more than just an emotional reactive interview? What will you say if Ross County thump Hibs on Saturday? I think it's worth being open to that possibility.

You might be right and he's lost it, but we'll see that play out because as everyone on here has posted managers who publicly slate their players lose them, so time will tell. You don't like him, so it's coloring your perspective on the matter. That's why I'm hesitant to take what yourself and opposition fans are saying just at face value.

Edited by 2426255

48 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I haven't made a justifications for him. I'm asking what are the alternative reasons that he might have said that and could it be more than just an emotional reactive interview? What will you say if Ross County thump Hibs on Saturday? I think it's worth being open to that possibility.

You might be right and he's lost it, but we'll see that play out because as everyone on here has posted managers who publicly slate their players lose them, so time will tell. You don't like him, so it's coloring your perspective on the matter. That's why I'm hesitant to take what opposition fans are saying at face value.

I don't like him because he's come across as a thoroughly dislikable character several times in Scotland. I don't think I've said anything about his interview that isn't true or unfair so I don't agree my views have coloured what I've said. 

Edited by 19QOS19

13 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

You don't like him, do you? 😂 As I said, it's mostly opposition fans with long standing grudges and gripes about him on here getting the knives out. Do I find that funny? yes.

Nothing about getting the knives out.

I had forgotten about Adams until County re-hired him.

Even before that he was a complete non-entitiy. In 5 months time when County are relegated, he will still be a complete non-entity.

2 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I haven't made a justifications for him. I'm asking what are the alternative reasons that he might have said that and could it be more than just an emotional reactive interview? What will you say if Ross County thump Hibs on Saturday? I think it's worth being open to that possibility.

You might be right and he's lost it, but we'll see that play out because as everyone on here has posted managers who publicly slate their players lose them, so time will tell.

I agree with you to an extent that it’s an interesting experiment to see what happens next. I just think that a boss that comes in and tells his staff they are all shite compared to the guys at his previous work is destined to generate resentment and hostility rather than have you volunteering for unpaid overtime.

16 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

I agree with you to an extent that it’s an interesting experiment to see what happens next. I just think that a boss that comes in and tells his staff they are all shite compared to the guys at his previous work is destined to generate resentment and hostility rather than have you volunteering for unpaid overtime.

Yes, so it begs the question why do it? is it a ploy or is it emotional?

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't like him because he's come across as a thoroughly dislikable character several times in Scotland. I don't think I've said anything about his interview that isn't true or fair so I don't agree my views have coloured what I've said. 

"I'd give him the benefit of the doubt if it was an isolated incident but I've known Adams and his shite for quite some time. You've already admitted to not knowing much about him so I think the folk slating him maybe know him a wee bit better, no?" 

You're not objective. Given the context, how quick you are to dismiss the idea he's doing it for a reason other than being a fud tells me that. Your bias is coloring your view. You aren't open to alternative explanations, you've made your mind up in advance.

Edited by 2426255

Just now, 2426255 said:

Yes, so it begs the question why do it? is it a ploy or is it emotional?

"I'd give him the benefit of the doubt if it was an isolated incident but I've known Adams and his shite for quite some time. You've already admitted to not knowing much about him so I think the folk slating him maybe know him a wee bit better, no?" 

You're not objective. 

I don’t know the guy personally but I’m guessing that he’s emotional due to the last minute loss. Doesn’t excuse him IMO he will have done hundreds of interviews in his career, this isn’t his first rodeo.

11 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

he will have done hundreds of interviews in his career, this isn’t his first rodeo.

Exactly, he's experienced. He's not a rookie (see Steven MacLean) so again it make you wonder if he's done it deliberately. Maybe its not for motivation, maybe it's just to distract from a shit performance or maybe he did just lose the plot and couldn't control his anger, but we won't know for sure right now - give it a couple of weeks.

You have to also consider a possibility where Ross County perform well in their upcoming games and account for that. That's all I'm saying.

Edited by 2426255

19 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Exactly, he's experienced. He's not a rookie (see Steven MacLean) so again it make you wonder if he's done it deliberately. Maybe its not for motivation, maybe it's just to distract from a shit performance or maybe he did just lose the plot and couldn't control his anger, but we won't know for sure right now - give it a couple of weeks.

You have to also consider a possibility where Ross County perform well in their upcoming games and account for that. That's all I'm saying.

I showed his post match chat to my missus, a yank. She knows heehaw about fitba.

Her take on it was he's a loon who just slated his own players, the club who pay him, the fans who turn up to watch, and the whole game.