Derek Adams interview

9 hours ago, GorbalsMags said:

You watching the Liverpool-United game? Insipid would be complimentary for it.

Every league can have bad games sometimes. I think Adams wasn't just ranting about 1 poor game but seemed to be commenting on general standard most weeks. Of course there are also some good matches in Scotland but overall it's fair to say the standard is dropping.

7 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Most people would be looking for another job if they were unhappy at work, nobody nowadays is that loyal to a company they want to stick it out, or bond as mates together and eat shit from a manager. Today's football players tend to get managers sacked, look at how Aberdeen and Motherwell performed after their managers were punted last season. Hibs and St Johnstone have done better this season with a new manager coming in, County too since Adams came in started winning games, but after this they may have lost that new manager spark and revert to how they were under MacKay.

Time will tell what happens and the reaction we see. If Ross County perform well and/or get results in their upcoming games then how should we explain that given the above expectation?

It would seem Ross County lost any managerial bounce before Adams post match interview.

Edited by 2426255

The idea that Adams is playing some sort of 4D chess after conceding a 97th minute goal, is not one I can take particularly seriously. He was clearly gutted at the way they lost the game, had a bit of a meltdown and started spewing hyperbole about both the game and the standard of Scottish football as a whole. Had they not conceded that late goal, he gives a different interview. 

I don't think anyone is under any illusions about the standard of Scottish football, we don't need someone who has, for the past decade, been a lower league jobber in England to come up and tell us the standard isn't great. 

I'm not sure I buy the idea that we're getting progressively worse though. In the past few seasons we've seen clubs do better in Europe than we have for quite a while. Not so long ago or teams were getting put out of European competition in July by part time teams from Wales and Luxembourg. I think all our teams in Europe this year have turned in some decent performances and got some good results. 

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Scottish footballi s awful. But, what do you expect from the game that is totally corrupt from top to bottom because of 2 scumbag clubs. Everyone else is hoping for 3rd spot or a cup runners up medal.

Yes...and No.  Only the teams in the Premiership are fighting for 3rd spot at best and I think every team playing in a cup final has genuine hopes of winning it regardless of the opposition. 

21 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

The idea that Adams is playing some sort of 4D chess after conceding a 97th minute goal, is not one I can take particularly seriously. He was clearly gutted at the way they lost the game, had a bit of a meltdown and started spewing hyperbole about both the game and the standard of Scottish football as a whole. Had they not conceded that late goal, he gives a different interview. 

I don't think anyone is under any illusions about the standard of Scottish football, we don't need someone who has, for the past decade, been a lower league jobber in England to come up and tell us the standard isn't great. 

I'm not sure I buy the idea that we're getting progressively worse though. In the past few seasons we've seen clubs do better in Europe than we have for quite a while. Not so long ago or teams were getting put out of European competition in July by part time teams from Wales and Luxembourg. I think all our teams in Europe this year have turned in some decent performances and got some good results. 

I really don't think any Scottish side as done well in Europe this season except Rangers. 

3 hours ago, Pilgrim Ranger said:

There are lot's of English lower league players who were surplus to requirements that go on to play regularly in the Scottish Premiership which obviously says something.

This is the worst point that ever comes out of these discussions.

Izzy Jones and Isaac Olaofe couldnt get games for us yet are now two of the hottest properties in the EFL. It works both ways.

There's a discussion to be had over the drop in quality past few years but for him to be spitting the dummy out and exaggerating to that extent after losing shows why he ended up back in League 2 as a manager. He is clearly terrible at handling any sort of pressure. I can't believe I'm sticking up for Malky Mackay here but he's obviously having a go at him too who has obviously managed at far higher level than him. He needs emptied for the good of everyone including himself.

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

The idea that Adams is playing some sort of 4D chess after conceding a 97th minute goal, is not one I can take particularly seriously. 

This.

It started with stuff about Ferguson and his 'mind games' in the 90s and now it gets trotted out any time some twit with an over inflated sense of their own intelligence, talks shite.

We got it with Strachan a lot when he was Scotland manager.  He'd come out with some insulting, unsupportable rubbish and people on here would claim it was strategic.

Adams was just having a tantrum.  To dress it up as some considered, crafty approach is ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Looking forward to seeing Ross County getting a result or two in their upcoming games and seeing the attempts to explain why Adams critiscising his players publicly hasn't resulted in the players downing their tools.

Even if County do get some decent results soon, it won't make what he said sensible. 

Your take on this is crazily simplistic.  Football results don't hinge entirely on managerial post match comments you know.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Even if County do get some decent results soon, it won't make what he said sensible. 

Your take on this is crazily simplistic.  Football results don't hinge entirely on managerial post match comments you know.

So if Ross County lose their next few games it won't be attributed to Adams losing the dressing room?

9 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I'd say opposition fans taking his comments as a personal attack. 

Christ - you're as big a fud as Adams.

The reality is that Adams lost control of his emotions - there was no ulterior motive for his outburst.

He lost it because his team had conceded the winner in the 97th minute with the last kick of the ball.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

I think we'll see Derek Adams keep his job and continue to get results for Ross County. Fans of opposition teams (not many County fans posting in here) are having a heads gone moment over this which is normal as they interpret his comments as being "disrespectful" to the league and have taken it personally. I don't think it's that big a deal personally.

It may have been honest comments or it may have been a ploy, I'm not sure - but we'll definitely see soon if the players are playing for him. Adams wasn't emotional in his post-match - I think Neil McCann said he was wrong, but measured in the way he said it. I noticed during the interview he wasn't ranting and raving or having a heads gone emotional moment, he was calm.

I also think some posters (opposition fans) have come here with a pre-existing bias against him. He strikes me as the kind of guy fans of other teams hate, but his own fans get behind. The Morecambe fans seem to love him for some reason.

Edited by 2426255

20 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

So if Ross County lose their next few games it won't be attributed to Adams losing the dressing room?

It would be logical that his comments could lead to him losing the dressing room.  But. to believe that his comments can somehow have a positive effect on his players is a but strange. 

So, yes, if County lose their next few games it wouldn't be unreasonable to attribute it to him losing the dressing room.

Just now, hk blues said:

It would be logical that his comments could lead to him losing the dressing room.  But. to believe that his comments can somehow have a positive effect on his players is a but strange. 

So, yes, if County lose their next few games it wouldn't be unreasonable to attribute it to him losing the dressing room.

And if he doesn't lose?