Livingston v Heart of Midlothian

Last game before the winter break which will suit both teams I think. Livingston will hope for some reinforcements in the transfer window and Hearts are having to make full use of the squad with various injuries plus Atkinson/Rowles away on International duty.

Beni was rested on Saturday so hopefully available. McKay will be out with Grant, and Boyce. Sibbick will likely fill in for Atkinson and Kingsley for Rowles. After the Ross County game Oda, Forrest and Vargas may be pushing for inclusion along with Kingsley after improving the side when brought on. Lowry was quite poor on Saturday so probably on the bench. A lot may depend upon fitness, of course.

Livingston will hope the first half against Motherwell is their nadir. Time will tell.....

2 minutes ago, Alberto Spencer said:

Last game before the winter break which will suit both teams I think. Livingston will hope for some reinforcements in the transfer window and Hearts are having to make full use of the squad with various injuries plus Atkinson/Rowles away on International duty.

Beni was rested on Saturday so hopefully available. McKay will be out with Grant, and Boyce. Sibbick will likely fill in for Atkinson and Kingsley for Rowles. After the Ross County game Oda, Forrest and Vargas may be pushing for inclusion along with Kingsley after improving the side when brought on. Lowry was quite poor on Saturday so probably on the bench. A lot may depend upon fitness, of course.

Livingston will hope the first half against Motherwell is their nadir. Time will tell.....

Signed 2 so far, big fuckers.

For the love of god:

Jack Hamilton in goals, drop Nottingham for Luiyi, drop Devlin for Parkes, drop anyone at RB for Donnellan and hope he's good, drop Guthrie for Tete and hope he's good. Get Nouble fucked into the sea tonight at the bells. 

Expecting a tough game regardless of the respective form of each team. Livingston usually don't concede that many and we rely heavily on one player for goals. We're also back down to the bare bones a bit after finally having something close to a fully fit squad a few weeks ago.

If Baningime is fit I'd expect something like:

Clark

Kent Halkett Kingsley

Sibbick Baningime Nieuwenhof Cochrane

Vargas Shankland Forrest

Also wouldn't be surprised if we don't risk him and we see something like:

Clark

Sibbick Kent Halkett Kingsley

Oda Nieuwenhof Cochrane Forrest

Vargas Shankland

This game will tell us a lot about players commitment to Livi, after being slaughtered in Martindale's post match interview, saying they owe the fans a big performance after their shitshow against Motherwell. If he's completely lost the dressing room or has hit a nerve to get a positive reaction.

Hope we have some fun with it, drop more or less the entire defence from Saturday's shitshow

Hamilton

Donnellan  -  de Lucas  -  Ledingham  -  Penrice

Holt  -  Pittman

Bradley  -  Kelly  -  Montano

Anderson

Not expecting anything from this game, just can't see anything other than a comfortable Hearts win, mainly because Martindale will persist with the same system/tactics and somehow expect it to go differently. Don't think we'll see either of the new guys start (assuming they're available), maybe a sub appearance but don't think they'll just get chucked in.

Actual team will look more like

George

Nottingham  -  Obileye  -  Devlin

Montano  -  Holt  -  Shinnie  -  Penrice

Pittman  -  Nouble

Guthrie

Meh. 2-0 Hearts, Martindale to blame the fans and Bruce Anderson.

5 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Fat man Halkett needs games but he is a concern, I don't want Nieuwenhof anywhere near the team, he spends the match chasing shadows.

Forret, Vargas and Shankland up front please. I'd add Oda to that and go 4-2-3-1.

I think this sounds good. Tagawa deserves a run, and Oda, Forrest, and Vargas all deserve a start after coming on. 

3 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Hope we have some fun with it, drop more or less the entire defence from Saturday's shitshow

Hamilton

Donnellan  -  de Lucas  -  Ledingham  -  Penrice

Holt  -  Pittman

Bradley  -  Kelly  -  Montano

Anderson

I find Montano's best position, by an absolute mile, to be left back. He was initially signed as a winger, but he's a driving runner rather than a weaving one and is so much more dangerous from further back. Penrice, much more flexible, and I think we'd be much more dangerous if we swapped the two.

Throw Obileye in for Ledingham and I'd be delighted with that lineup

5 hours ago, thruthenight said:

I find Montano's best position, by an absolute mile, to be left back. He was initially signed as a winger, but he's a driving runner rather than a weaving one and is so much more dangerous from further back. Penrice, much more flexible, and I think we'd be much more dangerous if we swapped the two.

Throw Obileye in for Ledingham and I'd be delighted with that lineup

Definitely. You want Montaño starting where he receives the ball always facing the play then has the time and space to build up a head of steam with those driving dribbles.

Edited by Freedom Farter

We were absolutely atrocious on Saturday. Regardless of Hearts absentees,can see nothing other than an away win here.And as usual,send the hoards of Jambos resident in Livingston a happy short walk home.Congratulations.👏.

We're in the next must, must, must win game.

i can see Martindale ditching a couple of the current squad for the new boys especially given how he has slated them in recent times post matches.

would be delighted with 3pts 

2 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

We were absolutely atrocious on Saturday. Regardless of Hearts absentees,can see nothing other than an away win here.And as usual,send the hoards of Jambos resident in Livingston a happy short walk home.Congratulations.👏.

I am in no way playing Billy Big Baws about the Hearts' squad, which is far more patchy than it should be and often feels like less than value for money, but we should really have enough good quality players who have not played too many games in December to be relatively confident of taking 3 points from the team bottom of the table*.

* Obligatory disparaging comment made about the plastic pitch, just in case we do not, in fact, take anything from the game.

He should've been gone already, but surely if it's another game without a win he goes? Or we just sit and fans get more and more angry. Going to be a hell of an atmosphere today going in, even worse if we concede.