No Scotland, no Partenkirchen.

I see this hasn't been posted yet. It might be of some interest to those planning their trip. The title was nicked from twitter.

Scotland will depart for Germany on the 9th June to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. It will be the Scottish headquarters for the duration of the tournament. 

Spoiler

It was important for us to finalise our preparations for EURO 2024 as soon as possible and I’m very pleased to have confirmed our final friendly matches and secured our first-choice base camp for the tournament. Garmisch-Partenkirchen will make for a comfortable base for our players and backroom staff for the duration of our stay at the tournament and the warm welcome we have received from the local community so far bodes well for when we are in camp there this summer.

Steve Clarke

Spoiler

From the moment we qualified, Garmisch-Partenkirchen was our preferred location for team base camp and to be honest, I was more excited that the draw enabled us to have our first pick than I was at playing the opening match. 

The priority is making sure the players have the best preparation possible for the Euros and Obermühle gives us a perfect balance of first-class facilities and a breathtaking, tranquil setting for the players to focus on the challenges ahead. “The hotel staff, the Mayor and District Administrator could not have been more welcoming during the site visit and now that the base camp is confirmed, we look forward to building-up to the Euros starting with our matches against Netherlands and Northern Ireland in March.

Graeme Jones, Scottish FA Performance Director

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scotland-finalise-uefa-euro-2024-preparations/?rid=13925

Geographically it is situated on Germany's southern border with Austria. It is approximately 60 miles from the Allianz arena (Germany). 200 miles to the MHP Arena in Stuttgart (Hungary) and 400 miles to the RheinEnergieStadion in Cologne (Switzerland).

image.png.c904d913ea4965998261e820519853ca.png

Edited by 2426255

19 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I see this hasn't been posted yet. It might be of some interest to those planning their trip. The title was nicked from twitter.

Scotland will depart for Germany on the 9th June to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. It will be the Scottish headquarters for the duration of the tournament. 

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scotland-finalise-uefa-euro-2024-preparations/?rid=13925

Geographically it is situated on Germany's southern border with Austria. It is approximately 60 miles from the Allianz arena (Germany). 200 miles to the MHP Arena in Stuttgart (Hungary) and 400 miles to the RheinEnergieStadion in Cologne (Switzerland).

Not sure of the relevance to folk planning their trip where the squad will be based ???

• 3 weeks later...

In Scotland's case, the distances are even greater - though it's thought this has been skewed by the fact that Steve Clarke's side have the honour of kicking off the tournament in the showpiece opener against the hosts in Munich. Scotland's second game is 283 miles away from Munich, in Cologne. That is more than a six-hour drive or four-and-a-half hours by train.

Two of Scotland's three group games are in stadiums relatively near to each other - Stuttgart and Munich are 144 miles apart - but those venues are for Scotland's first and third matches in Group A, with a potential 12-hour round trip to the North West of Germany for match two, in between.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13070839/euro-2024-why-england-and-scotland-are-facing-germany-travel-challenge

I saw this article. I had assumed Scotland wouldn't necessarily travel from location to location during their match schedule, but reconsidering - it would be a time saver given the geographical position of the HQ at Garmisch Partenkirchen and the hours available between each match.

~5 days between playing in Munich (Allianz Arena) to playing in Cologne (Rhein Energie Stadion) and then ~4 days before our game in Stuttgart (MHP Arena) make the choice of base camp interesting as you'd think on the surface somewhere closer to all venues would be preferable.

On 14/02/2024 at 13:10, 2426255 said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13070839/euro-2024-why-england-and-scotland-are-facing-germany-travel-challenge

I saw this article. I had assumed Scotland wouldn't necessarily travel from location to location during their match schedule, but reconsidering - it would be a time saver given the geographical position of the HQ at Garmisch Partenkirchen and the hours available between each match.

~5 days between playing in Munich (Allianz Arena) to playing in Cologne (Rhein Energie Stadion) and then ~4 days before our game in Stuttgart (MHP Arena) make the choice of base camp interesting as you'd think on the surface somewhere closer to all venues would be preferable.

I’m pretty sure all teams get put up in a hotel where the game is being played in the night before and night of the game. UEFA have the rooms blocked off in advance.