1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

While this is true, we also created some very clear chances as well. Us not being clinical was as much an issue for us as it was Dundee.

The recent games with Dundee and Aberdeen have been the first run of games in ages where there have been spells where it's felt like we're likely to score at any time. In the home games it was the two second halves, but yesterday I felt we always looked likely to score.

Less solid at the back, but we look more of a threat at the moment.

Very good support from the Hearts, got to say. Been about a decade or more since I've seen Hearts just about fill the Shankly. Twice this season aswell.

Makes a good change. Only Aberdeen and Utd could do that outwith the Old Firm.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Very good support from the Hearts, got to say. Been about a decade or more since I've seen Hearts just about fill the Shankly. Twice this season aswell.

Makes a good change. Only Aberdeen and Utd could do that outwith the Old Firm.

Thank you.

Doon Derby excepted.

49 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Handball could and should be very simple.

Did the player, in the opinion of the referee, deliberately handle the ball?

If yes, direct free-kick or a penalty if in the box, and a yellow card, or a red if it prevented a goal or a clear opportunity.

If no, get on with the fucking game.

I do not come onto a Dundee v Hearts thread to read a well considered post!  I actually think it takes a bit away from the game when you see defenders having to defend in their box with their hands behind their back.

In fairness our defending leading to the penalty was not too clever either.

On 03/02/2024 at 17:00, woolf said:

What a fkn game,credit to both teams.

Recon that’s the best Dundee side since the days of Ivo den Beaman and Claudio Cannigia.Fair play boys.

Really enjoyed the game. Two teams going for it for a change, and Dundee are a pleasure to watch - the best counter-attacking team in the League (based entirely on their performances against us). I'd have been raging to have that penalty given against us, too.

Obviously I'd be a lot less complimentary if we'd lost.

On 04/02/2024 at 07:03, RandomGuy. said:

That penalty would be up there as one of the worst decisions of the season pre-VAR, but now it feels like a weekly occurrence someone getting shafted by incompetent refs re-reffing games.

VAR needs binned.

Compared to Goldson getting away with a full on karate kick for the first Rangers goal, it was a mere nothing (but yeah, a very, very soft penalty).

22 hours ago, Navallion said:

I reckon teams should just start booting the ball at opposition players' hands to win penalties from now on.

I think some players do to an extent, seen a couple of players hit the byline and instead of drilling the ball across they'll just give it a wee dink up towards the defender's side. Ends up in either a penalty or the ball just harmlessly cleared.