Airdrieonians vs Morton

On 04/04/2024 at 11:01, Ferguson said:

Probably the most boring argument on this website, but if you're so insistent on this odd hatchet men vs well-behaved team of sweethearts concept, you'll be shocked when you see who's closing in on top spot of the official SPFL 'dirty b*****d ratings'. 

image.png.fe4a5e457746caa39f0370bc2a81355a.png

Well done for cementing your place at the top today. 🤭

Easily the dirtiest team we've played this season. But I'd expect nothing less with a wee shitey pants ned like Imrie as your manager. 

23 minutes ago, Sub Parr said:

Indeed. As I recall no evidence of racial abuse was found whilst the tribunal found neither the club nor individuals associated with the club had racially discriminated against Mr Q. Although not required to, they went further and commented that conversations alleged by Mr Q to have taken place, did not in fact take place. In other words, he was a liar.

The ruling was not a good day for the Quitongo family and I’m not sure they’d relish you reminding the world of its findings.

f**k them ♦️♦️♦️♦️

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

“Nice” Airdrieonians - the same group that roundly booed a player whose brother had the audacity to call out alledged racism from your own support. Despicable behaviour. 

You took the time to put a word in italics but didn't take the time to spell it properly. 😂

Also, I think you'll find Airdrie were cleared and the fact still remains that the Quitongo brothers are scum bags of the highest order. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Scosha said:

“Nice” Airdrieonians - the same group that roundly booed a player whose brother had the audacity to call out alledged racism from your own support. Despicable behaviour. 

Care to comment on the fact a prominent Morton poster has come out on your own tinpot forum to say that with certainty  he heard racism occuring in the Morton end today directed at an Airdrie player? 

I'm slightly confused as it's been mentioned here and there and as of yet, not one single Morton poster has commented on it....hmmm....that's odd...

Edited by cb_diamond

Just now, cb_diamond said:

Care to comment on the fact a prominent Morton poster has come out on your own tinpot forum to say that with certainty  he heard racism occuring in the Morton end today directed at am Airdrie player? 

I'm slightly confused as it's been mentioned here and there and as of yet, not one single Morton poster has commented on it....hmmm....that's odd...

Yep, utterly shameful. I see my post has been screenshotted on here mind you.

I was very critical last week of Raith’s handling of the bottle throwing incident- I’ll be very interested to see how Morton handle this.

On a terrible day for Morton, that was by far the most mortifying part of the day.

Just now, Toby said:

Yep, utterly shameful. I see my post has been screenshotted on here mind you.

I was very critical last week of Raith’s handling of the bottle throwing incident- I’ll be very interested to see how Morton handle this.

On a terrible day for Morton, that was by far the most mortifying part of the day.

Fair play to you for mentioning calling it out before. That takes balls and you should be applauded for it.

It's really disgusting to hear that that happened, and hopefully the moron in question is identified.  Good to see the Morton fans on their own forum have been clear about that, and I've no doubt the ones here will as well.  We can enjoy rivalry, but this kind of thing is bigger than that and is not a matter for point scoring.

Just now, cb_diamond said:

Fair play to you for mentioning calling it out before. That takes balls and you should be applauded for it.

Rather than something that I should be credited for, I don’t think it’s something others should be criticised for not doing.

I’ve discussed it before on here- possibly around the time a Peterhead fan abused one of the Tapping brothers when he was a kid at East Stirling, but self-policing is easier said than done, and my incident was when Marvin Andrews was abused at a game against Raith in 2006.

It was of course different times in 2006, but “grassing” back then was often seen as being as bad as racism, and I was hassled for being a grass for about 18 months I’d say. I don’t agree I “grassed”, incidentally. I confronted the guys and the stewards and police had to respond to the confrontation.

Self-policing is a fantastic theory, but in practice it’s crap. I wouldn’t want that hassle again, and don’t blame anyone else for not wanting to get involved.

As I said on our forum, I hope he’s had a wee look online and is shiting himself.

Superb point blank save by Hemfrey at 2 - 0 1st half, he deserves a mention today.

Ref totally lost control of the game, couple of industrial tackles on Todorov before Broadfoot was finally booked, French getting a yellow for throwing O'Connor to the ground in front of the Ref when play had stopped summed his performance up as did Quitongo only getting a yellow for straddling I think it was Hancock on the ground in the stramash, being fair I'm certain Watson threw a right hander in there and he should've walked.

Anyway, good performance all round, Frizz and Charlie for me our stand outs.

7pts from 12 vs Morton plus the Cup win, happy with that, as for Imrie, he obviously leads by example, that's Morton now on 95 bookings and certain to breach treble figures very soon.

Edited by rough diamond

2 hours ago, Scosha said:

Airdrie fans "roundly booed a player" mostly for his own lies about being racially abused and less so to do with his brother. He came out with this pish after the play off with Queen's Park in 2022. There was no racial or sectarian abuse directed at him or any other player in those games but he's the kind of guy who is going to play that card. He's a despicable little p***k for that alone and I'll happily continue shouting at him in any game he plays against us. My only disappointment today was that Cammy Ballantyne missed him. 

Screenshot_20240406-202033.thumb.png.51604adff6774b25d70250d001274fbe.png

13 minutes ago, rough diamond said:

Superb point blank save by Hemfrey at 2 - 0 1st half, he deserves a mention today.

Ref totally lost control of the game, couple of industrial tackles on Todorov before Broadfoot was finally booked, French getting a yellow for throwing O'Connor to the ground in front of the Ref when play had stopped summed his performance up as did Quitongo only getting a yellow for straddling I think it was Hancock on the ground in the stramash, being fair I'm certain Watson threw a right hander in there and he should've walked.

Except that's not really what happened. O'Connor was fouled in the first instance, the Morton player was "helping" him to his feet and O'Connor quite clearly threw himself to the ground. He didn't need to do that and I can only imagine he did it to try and get the player booked or sent off which is pretty shite behaviour in my book.

2 hours ago, Aufc said:

Because of the huge deal you boys made of airdries apparent kicking tactics in the last game. That is despite you boys being top of the dirty b*****ds league. 

So, aye, get it up ye

Ah right, that explains it.  Never knew you were in such a collective meltdown over it.

1 hour ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

The dictionary definition of wee man syndrome and just a thoroughly unlikeable guy.

As @airdrieman has posted above, there is video footage of him verbally abusing our club doctor after it appears she *checks notes* walked past him in the tunnel at half time.

He has his odd pals in the media who try to tout him out for jobs whenever one comes up but as a manager you have to seriously doubt his temperament, and ultimately that’s probably what’s going to hold him back going on to “bigger and better” things.

Also absolutely no surprise to hear of the abuse of big Todorov from the Morton fans. Suppose in Imrie they have found a manager that represents them.

45 minutes ago, rough diamond said:

Anyway, good performance all round, Frizz and Charlie for me our stand outs.

7pts from 12 vs Morton plus the Cup win, happy with that, as for Imrie, he obviously leads by example, that's Morton now on 95 bookings and certain to breach treble figures very soon.

96 bookings I think. The post in this thread claiming this is down to referees unwittingly treating Morton harshly due to perception is genuinely one of the most absurd posts I've seen on here. To put it in context, the average for the remaining 9 teams is 52 yellow cards. They are not far off double the league average. The other reason it's nonsense is that they only have 1 red card, if they were being treated more harshly then you'd see a relative increase in reds too, which you don't, it's the lowest in the league.

I'd argue what it shows is controlled, and actually quite intelligent, aggresion. They know when to foul, when to break up play, and when to rough teams up. But they also know where the limit is and will spread bookings round the team rather than one player get a second yellow. They aren't some band of uncontrolled thugs, it's part of a game plan. A game plan which I have absolutely no issue with whatsoever, if you have a limited group of players you need to find ways to get the most out of them and that's what Imrie does, he's done a very good job there. But to deny it exists is nonsense.

35 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

As @airdrieman has posted above, there is video footage of him verbally abusing our club doctor after it appears she *checks notes* walked past him in the tunnel at half time.

He has his odd pals in the media who try to tout him out for jobs whenever one comes up but as a manager you have to seriously doubt his temperament, and ultimately that’s probably what’s going to hold him back going on to “bigger and better” things.

Also absolutely no surprise to hear of the abuse of big Todorov from the Morton fans. Suppose in Imrie they have found a manager that represents them.

The video seems to have been posted again by a different account after the first one was deleted.

Good game I thought. Muirhead’s chance first half was a better opportunity than either of our goals.

For those questioning the over-reaction, there was always going to be needle in the game. 

Imrie made some comments which felt like digs about Airdrie/Rhys (I think in response to style of play/Lewis McGregor comments from Rhys) when he’d got Morton into a strong position.

Imrie also loves a comment about having the lowest budget in the league which I’d be stunned if it was true given our player manager/player assistant and not signing anyone other than Toddy as a big name to bolster our squad.

A lot made by Morton fans about Airdrie being hatchet men at Cappielow, press ahead of this game was pretty pointed from Oakley and Imrie. The claims on this thread about the Ton being hammered because ref’s buy into the narrative was entertaining.

Throw in Quitongo and Milne who have wound Airdrie fans up before and I think any gloating on our part is understandable.

Both clubs have had successful seasons. Morton have sandwiched league winning form with relegation form And need to snap out of that to stop falling further down the table. Not seen a collapse in form like it since……… well Morton aabout 20 years ago!

We need to try and keep our run going through some very tricky fixtures if we want to get 4th.

You could yet finish above us with how this league goes, but we’ll savour tonight and how triggered Imrie seemed to be by it all.

24 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

The video seems to have been posted again by a different account after the first one was deleted.

As the Ref had to step In, this should be in his report! Then again going by his on field performance he probably got a gonna no dae that.

Back to the football,   Airdrie played some outstanding one touch attacking play and looked a right good side,  Frizz and Telfer pulling the strings,   flip that over and we always have a howler in us, I felt we got lucky today with the passing from the back especially Fordyce, very risky and needless most of the time....

Not too sure what way the wind was going most of the time,   Morton have some very good players but mixed amongst it is Broad foot and Power who both are totally done, along with the constant leaving something on the opposition, doesn't do them any favours...   Morton engineered the penalty box scrap, to try and intimidate Airdrie, but to be fair we held our own,   we gave Morton a bit of a foothold with our triple substitution , never a fan of multiple subs unless of course you are well down in the game,     Donnell is technically decent but very slow, Gall I still think is playing like he will be away, O Connor is improving but still very raw ,  Lyall can find himself unfortunate not to be playing another very good McCabe loan signing..

Big week (again) coming up Target has to be 4th,   

8 hours ago, Passionate said:

Big week (again) coming up Target has to be 4th

Sure is, although the Dunfermline game falls into the must not lose bracket, and possibly a must win depending on what happens at Kirkcaldy. On paper Dunfermline definitely have an "easier" run in than us, if there is such a thing in this league.