Heart of Midlothian FC v Dundee FC 11/05/24

The Hertz will be keen to get back to winning ways as will the Doc's Dees after Saturday's horror show. All 3 meetings so far have been entertaining affairs with only a goal separating the teams on each occasion. I expect another close encounter on Saturday. Logic tells me it will be a home victory but the Dee have a a tendency to pick up at least a point at Tynecastle most seasons so I'll go for a draw

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

The Hertz will be keen to get back to winning ways as will the Doc's Dees after Saturday's horror show. All 3 meetings so far have been entertaining affairs with only a goal separating the teams on each occasion. I expect another close encounter on Saturday. Logic tells me it will be a home victory but the Dee have a a tendency to pick up at least a point at Tynecastle most seasons so I'll go for a draw

Last game of the season for me. Going for pints and hopefully an entertaining game.

Result, completely immaterial. Couldn't care less.

Play some fringe players or kids.

Edited by VincentGuerin

44 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Last game of the season for me. Going for pints and hopefully an entertaining game.

Season 4 Deal GIF by Parks and Recreation

52 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I hope this is Naismith's bulletin board material!

Europe still technically a possibility, but at this point I'd just like us to try and end our 12-game winless streak while playing in the top 6. Not since Cabellero's double at Parkhead in 2001 has Dundee won at this stage of the season in the position we're in. Usually we've been pretty good in recent years for nicking points away from Hearts at Tynecastle, and were unfortunate not to earlier in the season. The players really should have a chip on their shoulder after the St Mirren game and hopefully can take the game to a Hearts side that rightfully earned the ability to kick their feet up and not really turn up 😊

I think we'll be pretty well up for this, we don't want the season to peter out and I think we'll aim for 70 points even if it'll be difficult. 

I do think we'll make a couple of changes though but nothing mental. Would like to see Gordon get a run between now and the end of the season and give Tagawa a start with Shankland.

On 08/05/2024 at 11:36, VincentGuerin said:

Are you suggesting we don't give 100% in a game where St Mirren would like us to get some kind of result?

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Are you suggesting we don't give 100% in a game where St Mirren would like us to get some kind of result?

We've got form for helping out Dundee when they need a result for Europe...

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The Ticket Exchange is open for this one

My last (non-football) trip to my hometown, I was astonished to find how many non-Hearts supporters aggressively do not believe that the Ticket Exchange exists. 🤣

All made up, apparently.

Bit pish we only got given around 500 tickets for this one. Sold out before I even realised they were on sale.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Bit pish we only got given around 500 tickets for this one. Sold out before I even realised they were on sale.

Aye, was keen to go now the pressure was largely off and the sun was coming out, looks a cracker of a day as well. Hard to complain if Hearts are regularly selling out their ground but with Hearts comfy in 3rd I somehow feel there will be empty seats on Saturday.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Aye, was keen to go now the pressure was largely off and the sun was coming out, looks a cracker of a day as well. Hard to complain if Hearts are regularly selling out their ground but with Hearts comfy in 3rd I somehow feel there will be empty seats on Saturday.

There will be loads of empty seats, but they're all bought and paid for.