Heart of Midlothian FC v Dundee FC 11/05/24

The handball rule is fucking ridiculous. Logically it isn't a penalty but the way penalties are given these days that was a bigger stonewaller than a lot that have been given this year. 

Needs addressed one way or the other.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Pretty toothless by us.

We look like we are in holiday mode already.

Yip.

Cracks me up that avoiding "meaningless games" is touted as a justification for the split, when there is inevitably a slew of dreary shite like this every single season anyway. Hearts look like they're in the middle of a training exercise, and we look like we just aren't bothered.

6 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Yip.

Cracks me up that avoiding "meaningless games" is touted as a justification for the split, when there is inevitably a slew of dreary shite like this every single season anyway. Hearts look like they're in the middle of a training exercise, and we look like we just aren't bothered.

To be fair, if we bothered our arse it's still completely game on for European football but can't see us changing tempo to a high intensity.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair, if we bothered our arse it's still completely game on for European football but can't see us changing tempo to a high intensity.

We are just completely overworking the ball - need to be far more direct.

That was absolutely shambolic.

What is Owen Dodgson doing?! Sold the jersey for both goals and game over.

38 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Dodgson sleeping there.

Very poor goal to lose.

He is fucking useless.

I'd personally bin any link up with Burnley and try to aim higher.

3 out of 4 loanees who are just shit

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

He is fucking useless.

I'd personally bin any link up with Burnley and try to aim higher.

3 out of 4 loanees who are just shit

I don't rate Mellon either tbh.

17 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The jury is out on him tbqh.

The other 3 are fucking dreadful.

That Marcel Lewis joker who we punted back to them was immediately farmed out to Curzon Ashton in the sixth tier, and he hasn't made a single appearance for them either. 

Really makes you wonder what on earth a Premier League club is doing with so many utter diddies on the books. It's no as if they are just marginal Academy products who are just needing a bit of game time, they are no even Scottish Premier standard, and evidently there are a few who are no even up to it a good few rungs lower than even that.

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

That Marcel Lewis joker who we punted back to them was immediately farmed out to Curzon Ashton in the sixth tier, and he hasn't made a single appearance for them either. 

Really makes you wonder what on earth a Premier League club is doing with so many utter diddies on the books. It's no as if they are just marginal Academy products who are just needing a bit of game time, they are no even Scottish Premier standard, and evidently there are a few who are no even up to it a good few rungs lower than even that.

Sub Pineda in for Mellon and I'd say our other Burnley trio and the Mexican striker are our 4 worst signings this season.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Sub Pineda in for Mellon and I'd say our other Burnley trio and the Mexican striker are our 4 worst signings this season.

It does reek a bit of us taking the money and padding the squad with dross, rather than it actually doing anything to improve the football first and foremost. Costelloe and Dodgson have both had a couple of decent games, but for the most part it's been complete dross and I think it's a case of them only looking up to it the odd time one of them has a blinder and the true level of ability is the week-on-week mediocrity. Howley can't get a game, so I'm no really sure what the point of that loan was either.

On the bright side, at least we've got 10 players returning to their parent clubs in a little over a week, and only 2 or 3 of them who are actually meaningful contributors, so there should be plenty of room for additions in the off-season if Doc can identify and lure players who will actually be of benefit. I don't see any of the Championship loanees apart from Charlie Reilly being at the club next season, including Max Anderson, so by my count once all the loanees return to parent clubs and the contracts of the likes of Burke and Rudden are run down, we have a squad of around 17-18, so I think we could easily bring in 2 or 3 and another 2 or 3 loanees next season. Just neds to be players who are up to it, and not guys who look like they are only here as a favour to the parent club.