SPAFA Championship - Greenock & Steins

Does anybody know what on earth is going on here? I heard last night that there's only one game left and it's Greenock vs Steins, winner takes all?

image.thumb.png.1b9d2efdff2e5c63c04a61c4f9c72d1a.png

I heard something about them splitting the league - meaning all teams won't finish on the same games? 

Some clarity and sense is greatly appreciated. I really hope the information is wrong and Steins and Greenock aren't going to finish the season without having played the same amount of games.

The way it’s going, my original post appears to be true.

If it was a draw, Steins still have a game in hand that won’t ever be played (?!).

I know there’s only going to be one division next season and being ‘champions’ in that league is hardly an achievement, but it’ll end up going straight to pens in the event of a draw. Any credibility the association had left is completely washed away at this point.

Posted (edited)

Gladly clear up for you Brad Bobley @ the start of the season it was decided to play everyone once as they were too many in the League to play twice [ 28 games ]  so it was decided to play everyone once then split the league into two [ top half / bottom half ] and play each other once again sadly a few clubs folded during the season reducing the number of games 

Edited by auld yin wae knowledge

17 minutes ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

Wrong League buddy ....oh did you comment when your League changed the relegation stutus a during a playing season a few years back ....or have you a short memory 

Not affiliated to any league buddy just passing comment. 

Thanks for clearing that up.

How does it work that Steins will still have a game in hand?

And why are fixtures of folded teams not expunged, with ‘zero’ shown on their league table position, the same way it is in the Premier with Lesmahagow, Lochgilphead, etc?

39 minutes ago, Brad Bobley said:

And why are fixtures of folded teams not expunged, with ‘zero’ shown on their league table position, the same way it is in the Premier with Lesmahagow, Lochgilphead, etc?

Auld Yin Wae Knowledge is clutching at straws here big time. The whole thing is a farce. Teams folding all over the place, games not being played, teams playing different number of games. This is bizarre in the extreme. The league is turning into a joke which tbh, is not that funny to see. Actually quite sobering to see such a well run league plummet into a running joke. Don't know if the amalgamation has brought some people into Committees who shouldn't be near it but it will be a 19s league within 2 season IMHO. Caley & GGPL will swallow them up.

1 hour ago, Brad Bobley said:

The reason its shown in The Premier is because they would have relegation [ obiviously not happening now ] so it had to be shown as that would have been the clubs relegated The championship no relegation so the folded clubs are removed

Amateur Footie Fan I wont reply to your pish chat at Least Brad Bodley occasionally speaks some sense 

18 minutes ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

The reason its shown in The Premier is because they would have relegation [ obiviously not happening now ] so it had to be shown as that would have been the clubs relegated The championship no relegation so the folded clubs are removed

Amateur Footie Fan I wont reply to your pish chat at Least Brad Bodley occasionally speaks some sense 

Auld Yin Wae Knowledge should be renamed Auld Yin Wae a Dirty Mouth.  Show some class instead of throwing about insults and foul language.

3 hours ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

I much prefer when we’re amicable and have constructive conversations so let’s keep it this way.

Is there any consideration about Steins having a game in hand? Or is it presumed that it doesn’t really matter because they’d win it anyway? The latter makes sense, especially if Greenock win it tomorrow, but if it’s a draw and GD comes into it, it’s a bit of a shame/waste of a season, I think.

23 hours ago, Brad Bobley said:

Does anybody know what on earth is going on here? I heard last night that there's only one game left and it's Greenock vs Steins, winner takes all?

image.thumb.png.1b9d2efdff2e5c63c04a61c4f9c72d1a.png

I heard something about them splitting the league - meaning all teams won't finish on the same games? 

Some clarity and sense is greatly appreciated. I really hope the information is wrong and Steins and Greenock aren't going to finish the season without having played the same amount of games.

Inverclyde failed to field a team v Steins.. So they have 3 points to be added for that game. 

The game today if Steins win or draw they win the league. 

If Greenock win by 2 they win the league. 

If Greenock win by 1 it goes to a Playoff. 

Goal difference isn't a factor it's decided on head to head which is fair enough with both sides having teams fail to field sides against them (BSC scratched v Greenock early in the season)