Line up to play Hungary

So to all the boys and girls claiming we will be fine and dandy with 3 CB's, how are you feeling now after watching that? 

It was pretty fucking obvious we were gonna struggle to create chances and it was also pretty fucking obvious Che Adams was gonna be isolated once again. Absolute shambles that was and Clarke was tactically outsmarted there. The Hungarian manager knew we would struggle to break them down so just let us keep the ball then try to counter us. 

Edited by Butters Scotch

I'm shocked and stunned. Turns out we could have done with fresh legs and a more positive game plan from the word go. Who Knew!

Steve, please GTF!!!

2 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

So to all the boys and girls claiming we will be fine and dandy with 3 CB's, how are you feeling now after watching that? 

I feel fine about it. 

19 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

You're doubling down I see, good for you. 

I give you well thought through reasons even in the wake of a disappointing result. My point of view is reasonable, you just disagree with it. Isn't that right?

Edited by 2426255

8 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I feel fine about it. 

As do I.

Switzerland, Hungary, Portugal, Scotland, Serbia, Denmark, Poland, Turkey, Czech Republic, Netherlands have all played with a trio at the back in some stage in this tournament.

According to some people they must all be going home and they all are trying to shoehorn Robertson and Tierney into their first XI. 😛

We conceded the goal with a back 4. Guess that's just forgotten about.

Edited by Chripper

11 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

It was pretty fucking obvious we were gonna struggle to create chances and it was also pretty fucking obvious Che Adams was gonna be isolated once again. Absolute shambles that was and Clarke was tactically outsmarted there. The Hungarian manager knew we would struggle to break them down so just let us keep the ball then try to counter us. 

It's not specificly the 3 centre backs, it's sticking with it when we didn't have Tierney. Plus also playing it so negatively.

So what we were told was it becomes an attacking 443 in possession. As I was saying it's not that simple, players don't simply teleport they have to move there. 

Simply we had to many players too deep, couldn't create, couldn't play any kind of attacking football.

8 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I give you well thought through reasons even in the wake of a disappointing result. My point of view is reasonable, you just disagree with it. Isn't that right?

If you say so mate. Strange hill for you to die on here as you like to say. 

7 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

It's not specificly the 3 centre backs, it's sticking with it when we didn't have Tierney. Plus also playing it so negatively.

So what we were told was it becomes an attacking 443 in possession. As I was saying it's not that simple, players don't simply teleport they have to move there. 

Simply we had to many players too deep, couldn't create, couldn't play any kind of attacking football.

Aye its a different system all together with KT, we are effectively playing with two left wing backs in possession which creates overloads on our left. This was non existent last night because we put in an actual cumbersome CB, who would of thought? 

It's FAF that certain smug posters on here won't admit to it's failings however. 

1 minute ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

I've said all along, he's a steve clarke fan rather than a scotland fan. Which is fine, he can go with him.

Nevermind Stevie Clarke, you can put in Stevie Wonder in charge and numbers would become a fan boy not questioning anything, accepting the manager always knows best. 

2 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Aye its a different system all together with KT, we are effectively playing with two left wing backs in possession which creates overloads on our left. This was non existent last night because we put in an actual cumbersome CB, who would of thought? 

It's FAF that certain smug posters on here won't admit to it's failings however. 

Well tbh I'm pleased they won't. It takes character to admit you got something wrong and made a mistake.