Round of 16 thread

JS_FFC

3 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

England are also favourites on the betting exchanges and with Pinnacle i.e. where the sharp money goes. Retail bookies largely just copy these prices with a bigger margin.

You can definitely argue there are stronger teams than England - and I'd agree - but you've got 4 of the 5 pre-tournament favourites all in the top half of the draw while England's path to the final is two ties where they'll be odds-on to qualify.

Absolutely, which is why I’ll be a bit surprised if some bookies haven’t taken the piss and offered 7/2, 3/1 or even 5/2. Anything to lower their exposure and still rake in the unwashed’s pennies.

How much you have to stake to get a return of £100
image.png.870a37384be1690a65ae8a4504e7afd8.png

If you want to cover both Spain and Germany then it's going to cost £35.71 which equates to a price of 9/5 that the winner of that quarter final will go on to win the championship

FRA or POR (£26.27) and  ENG or SUI (£25.88) are both just short of 3/1 with the other quarter final (£12.44)  being about 8/1

Covering the four sides in the strong half of the draw will cost you £62.38 (3/5) while covering England's side will cost £38.46 (8/5)