D&G Clubs in West Dev Lge

Only Threave 20's in action this Friday. And it's in the First Knockout Round of the WOSDFL League Cup.

They face up against Maryhill who topped Gretna's group, for me Maryhill will be favourites for this tie which takes place nowhere near Maryhill.

It's being played at Nethercraigs Sports Centre which is located in Corkerhill Road in Pollok on the southside of Glasgow. Not sure Maryhill folk are allowed in Pollok, certainly weren't in my day.

It will be a culture shock for the refined boys of the Stewartry, visiting a Schemie Heartland in my old stomping ground.

Played hunners maybe thousands of games at the old ash pitches there when at school. The grass pitch at the stadium complex was reserved for cup finals only. Played on the grass numerous times for school, St.Convals and Pollok United many decades ago. Ah, memories.

This Friday sees the first round of the top secret, I'll have to kill you if I tell ye, SLDFL Challenge Cup.

The Challenge Cup is run by the Lowland League Development Branch, who must be run by an ex MI6 or SAS member, cause tryingvto get any info is absolutely brutal.

What I do know is it is a combined cup with teams from the 3 leagues; West, East and Lowland. It is a straight knockout cup.

All I have so far is that Threave u20 are playing BSC Glasgow u20, apparently on Friday. That's it.

No info on Lochar or Gretna.

It was the same last season.

Lowland League sm output is feckin brutal.