Who will win the league (very interesting league this time)

On 28/07/2024 at 22:47, Ian Mcleod said:

Think you are reading into the cup a bit too much there. Dundee United failed to go through last season after losing at Spartans and lost at home to Partick and went on to win the league. Stirling Albion made it through and ended up getting relegated from L1. Partick and Raith are the main 2 contenders with Ayr and maybe Falkirk with the ability to also challenge.

Hope for us yet then. 🤣

On 30/07/2024 at 03:45, starksbark2 said:

mid table 

because we wont be as lucky as last year in picking up points in the last ten minutes of matches

On 13/07/2024 at 02:03, CALDERON said:

I don't think it will be us, at this stage.  We had a massive gap to 3rd place last season, but that was largely based on a ferocious first half of the season where we won a huge amount of points in closely fought games, often late on.

That dried up after Xmas, and coupled with a bit of expectation and pressure we weren't able to sustain a challenge.  I'm obviously pleased at our defensive reinforcements, however still feel we need an out and out centre forward in addition to Hamilton.

I'd say Partick look best placed, as it stands.

On 27/07/2024 at 17:51, Stardog_champion said:

Sadly it won’t be us, injuries coming back to haunt us. Murray using the pass the ball in the net tactic McGlynn was famous for ( please not that shite again) our attacking options are limited. We had to rely on an OG so we held on to win on penalties. 

On 27/07/2024 at 23:10, mrpaddyx said:

Clearly none of them have watched our matches in the League Cup because remarkably the bookies still have us favourites for the title.

On 28/07/2024 at 09:17, Stardog_champion said:

Based on how we’ve played so far, we won’t make the promotion play offs. Top four this season imo will be Queens Park, Partick, Ayr and Livi in no particular order. Injuries and a lack of a goal scorer are my reasonings for us staying out of the top 4. 

On 28/07/2024 at 20:06, Rovers_Lad said:

It wont be us

I see a cunning plan by the Raith boys trying to convince us they have no chance, trying to take the pressure off themselves.

On 08/07/2024 at 10:07, Scary Bear said:

Top 4 will be Livi, Rovers, Falkirk and Partick. Not sure who wins it.

Scary Bear must be outside of the circle and didn't get the memo.

Am I just imagining it or do the teams involved in the play offs seem to suffer a hangover from the previous season? Certainly happened at ICT and Arbroath a couple of seasons back - season extends, no proper break and team struggles. I could be completely wrong and someone with facts and data can easily prove or disprove! 

1 hour ago, Ott said:

Am I just imagining it or do the teams involved in the play offs seem to suffer a hangover from the previous season? Certainly happened at ICT and Arbroath a couple of seasons back - season extends, no proper break and team struggles. I could be completely wrong and someone with facts and data can easily prove or disprove! 

You guys are really f**ked for this season then

1 hour ago, Ott said:

Not sure about the playoffs, but being in a tight battle for the league title was definitely followed by disappointing seasons for us and Arbroath. The difference between Raith and either of those two scenarios though is that Arbroath were punching well above their weight, and we intentionally sabotaged our own team with some mental Dutch experimentation and a squad of children; unless there's more to it than meets the eye, I'm fairly sure Raith will be right back up there again (although I've never particularly rated Murray as a manager tbh so he could be a factor too).

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I see a cunning plan by the Raith boys trying to convince us they have no chance, trying to take the pressure off themselves.

Scary Bear must be outside of the circle and didn't get the memo.

We will maybe struggle to get goals without Vaughan and Stanton in the team, but once they are back we’ll be fine. Obviously we need others to chip in with some goals until then.