Berwick Rangers 24/25

Redcar

2 hours ago, Redcar said:

I guess the cumulative effect of 5 drubbings in a row coloured my thoughts on Saturday night. 

Taking Saturday's game in isolation though, we had 8 of our best players out injured and perhaps a 3-0 defeat against a really decent Braves team was all we should expect. The youngsters are probably a bit shell-shocked. 

This Month, we have 3 cup games against lower league opposition (including Cupar Hearts at home in the 1st round of the Scottish Cup). Some of these players will recover and this is an ideal period to learn how to win again  and get some confidence back in the team. 

Reset, go again, start winning. 

I can understand that, BUT, these guys have had an opportunity to showcase why they should be picked for the first team, don't get me wrong, I don't expect cricket score wins when so many first teamers are out, but I don't expect 7-0 and a 3-0s on teams we should be on par with if not better.

Again Cup ties equal money in the pot, which we desparately need, so with some trepidation "Can we actually win?" or are we done for another year.

Confidence yes, BUT when the 8 return but we're still in free-fall whats Plan B

Thanks JC.

Obviously a game we were expected to win, but with even more injuries (9 out now for God's sake!), it's still a pleasing result after the last few weeks.

Also pleased that new signing c/fwd Jamie Watson got MoM despite not scoring. 

We lost games like this last season. 

Great boost for the players even if it is against lower league opposition. 9 out but hopefully a few return before the weekend. I'm not fully up to date with the injuries at the moment. If I'm correct McGinley will miss this weekend to suspension.

Armadale in the next round at Home, Heriot Watt on the 14th again at Home in the challenge cup and then 2 weeks later Cupar Hearts in the Scottish Cup. a few decent cup runs would be nice.

A couple of wins would be nice. However they come.

Make no mistake we are up against it in this league. Many sides are similar in ability as was shown in the first few games. However the likes of EK and the Braves have spent money and we will be unlikely to match them so last week was no surprise. What is a shocker is the fact our replacements’ are clearly miles off the level league wise anyway. Tuesday probably helped get some confidence back but it seems the old heads are still required. Can they stay match fit is the question.

Currently at work myself till 8. Whatever was said at halftime worked. Nice to see Liam back scoring, 4 goals in 2 games. Watson the new lad involved in the build-up for Nelson's goal. No midweek games for a few weeks and hopefully a few more players back from injury (still 7 out)

Social media does make tits of us at times. Our recent run -still gobsmackingly dreadful - had me questioning the manager despite the dreadful run of injuries. 

Saturday's 2nd half response and the players reactions, show that we still have great team spirit. Several top players to come back soon and the long run of Tuesday games is more or less done. 

We're doing OK, and any input into a shite weekend for Pat Scullion is OK by me.