Dundee FC V Airdrieonians FC 17 August 2024

Much as I expected and Dundee were so much more incisive in all departments once the first goal went in. Would later put myself through the highlights(!)but thought our goalie was suspect at those first two goals.

We had some nice patterns of playing but no real threat in those moments.

Looking at our side only Frizzel has any league experience over several seasons and it was good to see him get that goal. I was almost relaxed at 5 when there was only one minute added on time so there was little point rushing away as number six arrived. 

Dundee look good for another top six season. 

Pretty comfortable day, other than 10 minutes or so after half time when we didn’t react to Airdrie’s changed system. Thankfully they didn’t capitalise because getting it back to 2-1 would really have made things nervy. 

Stand by what I said, expected nothing, got nothing, no reaction from me.

Its obviously not great losing 11 goals in 2 games, but my first text to my group chat when I saw the team on entering the stadium was "bet Dundee -1, -2 and -3" not a great day for football, but a profitable day.