Why do Rangers offer a season ticket so much cheaper than Celtic?

Okay, it's not many - but they offer a 'value' season ticket in Area A of the Club Deck for £432 when Celtic's cheapest is £579 (not including restricted-view tickets).

I've done a comparison of all the cheapest ST prices: Celtic are dearest, Ross County cheapest (edit - in any of the three categories. Hearts is cheapest for adults). Some clubs have some decent perks for fans - maybe others could adopt those perks?

The full analysis is in the link my signature, there is a table summary of the figures attached.

All thoughts welcome and I'll reply to any questions about the figures.

STs.jpg

Edited by forthefanssubstack

Alot of clubs (mainly EPL ones) offer season tickets that are a couple of hundred quid but are often for only a handful of seats. Im not saying Rangers are  doing this too as a PR move but some do, would be interesting to see the average cost. Regardless Celtic are utterly ripping the piss but supply and demand and all that.

Edited by gannonball

Good point. I can also see from the stats that Rangers offer restricted view tickets and also offer discounted season tickets to its own staff and lotto sellers.

But the top-end season tickets at Ibrox are upwards of £800. It's good that some clubs have schemes like 'bring your friend to the game' - but then, as you say, supply and demand, and that's not going to happen when Rangers sell out every league game.

2 hours ago, forthefanssubstack said:

I've done a comparison of all the cheapest ST prices: Celtic are dearest, Ross County cheapest. 

According to your chart isn't Hearts the cheapest?

Potential answers given include: a PR stunt, inferior team, a tax dodge, new club, euro money grab.

I never knew Rangers offering an adult season ticket cheaper than Celtic would prompt this kind of reaction. Oh wait, who am I kidding.