Dundee FC vs Heart of Midlothian - 5:30pm Kick-off - 10/08/24

On paper an exciting game - 14 goals last season including 2 3-2 hearts wins (I think both from 0-2 down?), and I think a 2-2, and possibly a 2-0 Dundee victory if memory serves me correctly. All teed up for a drab 0-0.

Dundee still are a good team, so I'll take any kind of win and no injuries! I would probably mix up the team from last week a little, possibly.... 

On 07/08/2024 at 20:13, Dundee-FC92 said:

Very poor away end sales. Won't be breaking the Old Firm with that backing. We doubled the Hearts away crowd on Sunday.

Thank you.

Dundee made an absolute dogs dinner of getting the tickets to Hearts. Then decided to sell direct without letting Hearts know. Won't have helped sales.

39 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

Dundee made an absolute dogs dinner of getting the tickets to Hearts. Then decided to sell direct without letting Hearts know. Won't have helped sales.

Dundee are struggling to get used to their ticket system, they had to shut down sales last week after selling a couple of thousand tickets for the United game , I’m just hoping today isn’t a nightmare getting in , it’s the first time at dens using the QR codes 

Edited by Wee jeemie

15 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Nice to see Dundee FC finally getting to grips with the digital age.

Mind you, basic drainage was a challenge at Dens last year.

Pitch looks fantastic now.

20240810_115644.jpg

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

On 07/08/2024 at 20:13, Dundee-FC92 said:

Very poor away end sales. Won't be breaking the Old Firm with that backing. We doubled the Hearts away crowd on Sunday.

Thank you.

I was only able to get row D on Thursday so they can't be that bad

Unless Dundee were just refusing to sell me the good seats as part of an elaborate wind up

15 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Due to a change of plane I will now have my 13 year old nephew in tow

Can anybody suggest a pub near the station or the stadium for us to have a beer and a lemonade?

I always thought there were some very wealthy Hearts fans. 

The Nether Inn is a decent pub very near the station.  Decent enough food as well. 

22 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Can anybody suggest a pub near the station or the stadium for us to have a beer and a lemonade?

Stay in town as you exit the train station. Trades a minute or two walk. Phoenix (five minute walk) which I'd say is the best pub in town and has good beer options. Taxi from opposite the steeple/Tesco (beware of potential Goths).

They'll both be busy though. If you're looking for quieter options then head to the newly done up Star and Garter on the same street as Trades or The Three Pelicans (old McDaniels).

All within 5 minutes of each other. If you have any minerals then you'd go to all four and chuck in the Club Bar for good measure.

Pub updates before football please later on.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

20 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Stay in town as you exit the train station. Trades a minute or two walk. Phoenix (five minute walk) which I'd say is the best pub in town and has good beer options. Taxi from opposite the steeple/Tesco (beware of potential Goths).

They'll both be busy though. If you're looking for quieter options then head to the newly done up Star and Garter on the same street as Trades or The Three Pelicans (old McDaniels).

All within 5 minutes of each other. If you have any minerals then you'd go to all four and chuck in the Club Bar for good measure.

Pub updates before football please later on.

Thank you.

I don’t want to get too drunk I’m supposed to be having a pagger with @Girthoutside tiptop

43 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Are you flying to the game?

Looking very much like a 4-3-3 today, which after the problems we've had defending with the back 3 makes sense. Hopefully it's effective and Tiffoney helps the forwards cause them a handful of problems at the other end.

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

3 at the back for us, Oyegoke in for Grant the only change. Would've preferred to keep the back 4 but does allow Taylor to play further up.

Grant is in the team, were you meaning Dhanda?

16 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Looking very much like a 4-3-3 today, which after the problems we've had defending with the back 3 makes sense. Hopefully it's effective and Tiffoney helps the forwards cause them a handful of problems at the other end.

Thats a seriously attacking line up

We’re in for a cracker …… or a howler 🤣

20 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Could be 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 depending where Tiffoney plays. No Mulligan on the bench is a bit concerning.

Hard to tell if the switch to 4 is for tactical reasons, or whether Doc just didn't want to plunge big Billy in at the deep end by playing him from the start on debut.

McGhee/Portales pairing doesn't really inspire confidence.

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Grant is in the team, were you meaning Dhanda?

Sorry yeah, Dhanda. Was in the middle of arguing with my brother on text about how he thinks it should've been Grant out 😂