Scotland squad to face Poland (H) and Portugal (A)

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Adams? It's all over the press that he's fit and asked to be left out.

I think he's just drawing his own conclusions on Forrest and Taylor if you meant those two.

Turns out it was injury.   The Sun printing absolute shite.   What a shock.   I wonder what it was about Ché Adams in particular that made them print that.   They really do owe him a printed apology.  No wonder Clarke gets so sullen with the press.  

10 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

Clarke is clearly losing the dressing room. He should have been gently shown the door after the Euros.

He’s taken this team as far as he can. With hindsight the downfall pretty much started this time last year.

Since then, we’ve had whatever the f**k happened with Elliott Anderson, a second straight abject failure at the finals by a team that acted like they were happy to just be there, Callum McGregor choosing to retire despite the fact that he still has another campaign in his legs, player after player choosing to represent other nations instead of Scotland, and now we are back to the days of perfectly healthy players dropping out.

I expect us to lose both games comfortably this week which should lead to a managerial change, but clearly what’s actually going to happen is Clarke is given the NL campaign that the suits believe he “deserves” for some reason, and only after the inevitable relegation in November does the phone call go in to Davie Moyes.

I hope you’re wrong in at least some of this prediction.

I fear you’re bang on

The transcript of the press conference and link for anyone who hasn't seen it.

From the group that we’ve eventually ended up with? Yes everyone’s fit and well. Injury. The club informed us on Saturday morning that he’d (Che Adams) picked up a knock in the game. The conversation with Che then is, does he come across to be assessed and sent back to Italy? There was no point, so that’s why he misses out. By the same token the two boys from Celtic (Taylor, Forrest) who played at the weekend come in on Sunday night, get assessed by our medics and sent home because it’s easy because they’re in Glasgow, so no big drama on that one.

I think all the games are important. We’ve touched on the summer, it was disappointing, we have to move on so this is our first game. For the players that have been playing at the start of the season they go to their club, they have a little freshness about them. For me it’s been a long summer and I look forward to the game and see what we get from the players. I’m sure a big reaction.

Looking for the fact that you qualify, you get there the first time, we didn’t do what we wanted to do. You get there the second time; we didn’t do what you want to do so you have to keep looking to get there and you have to target the glass ceiling. They said: ‘no Scottish team’s ever done it’. Probably a little bit more quality when we get to that level, when you’re playing against opponents of the level that we played against in the summer. When we play against the opponents of the level we’re going to play against now in the Nations League. So it’s slowly, slowly trying to find a formula that will break the glass ceiling.

Evolution. You used the word yourself, its evolution, not revolution. This time we have a significant number of injuries that’s probably impacted my squad selection a little bit which means that I’ve had to dip down into Scott’s under-21 squad probably too many times if we’re being honest because the under-21’s also have a couple of very important  fixtures coming up, but that brings its own freshness. It’s important and I’ve mentioned it before is that we respect the core group that have managed to qualify for back to back European tournaments, but then within that core group you have to try and add a little bit more and hopefully we can add something that makes us better. It’s not going to happen overnight. It’s not going to happen across the two games that we’re going to play now, but I’m looking at this campaign in the Nations League and thinking this is the chance to try and evolve the group so that when we do get to the World Cup qualifiers we’re in a better shape, ready to go again and ready to qualify for our third tournament out of four.  

I think it was something I touched on before we actually went to the tournament that we knew that coming out other side of it there would need to be a little bit of freshness in the squad. I didn’t envisage so many injury issues, so many call-offs, but that’s given us a freshness that’s maybe more than would have been if I’d had everybody fit and available, but still a nice freshness and for the young boys who’ve come into the squad they’ve brought that enthusiasm and that breath of fresh air that galvanizes and give the senior players a little bit more life, so it’s been a good couple of days, but we want to make it better.