Livi 🟡🟡 v. Morton 🔵⚪ 24-8-24

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

It's getting a bit repetitive, Spartans, QP, and now Morton, a defeat and 2 draws where we created enough good chances to win, but we didn't

Who would have thought the two of us being on the same wavelength

We can talk about all these nice and fancy tactics but Livi have had more than enough in the tank to win more games than they have thus far into the season.

Goals wins games not possession 

Is Mr Martindale  not been fired yet, slow ponderous safe tactic's  are his trademark, worrying  about the opposition more than getting the ball up the park.

Out the cup to Spartans,,,, potential  good money lost, there. , 5 points out of nine is not good enough for  automatic promotion,  I can see a lot draws this season which won't  be good enough  for  automatic promotion

14 hours ago, Scrutinizer said:

Is Mr Martindale  not been fired yet, slow ponderous safe tactic's  are his trademark, worrying  about the opposition more than getting the ball up the park.

Out the cup to Spartans,,,, potential  good money lost, there. , 5 points out of nine is not good enough for  automatic promotion,  I can see a lot draws this season which won't  be good enough  for  automatic promotion

Usual suspects piling in with the negative views

If you stand back and just look at what you have posted.

If we look back at Livi's decent performances in terms of league position in the Premiership its when Livi collected alot of early points in the first half of the season. 

Unless Ayr collapse it will be tough (not impossible) for Livi clawing back 7pts even this early in the season given how competitive the Championship is

The key is to get as many points in the bag  as quickly as you can for when the injuries and the player bans come into play

*Awaits the negative markers for having an alternative view *

Edited by Livi

2 hours ago, Livi said:

Usual suspects piling in with the negative views

If you stand back and just look at what you have posted.

If we look back at Livi's decent performances in terms of league position in the Premiership its when Livi collected alot of early points in the first half of the season. 

Unless Ayr collapse it will be tough (not impossible) for Livi clawing back 7pts even this early in the season given how competitive the Championship is

The key is to get as many points in the bag  as quickly as you can for when the injuries and the player bans come into play

*Awaits the negative markers for having an alternative view *

We used to put in a good run around November-January then fade away towards the end of the season.

Nothing is decided this early in the season, a lot can change from Nov onwards, when you get down to the nitty gritty, and players have settled in. Also the depth and quality in squads will tell, when as you mentioned, injuries and suspensions kick in.

4 hours ago, Livi said:

We only started well in the 18/19 season, Kenny Miller blip aside, and that was because we'd maintained the same squad from the 17/18 promotion season. Every other Premiership season we made a shite start because we'd lost key players in the summer and bedding in the new ones took time.  

4 hours ago, Livi said:

They've played an extra match, a struggling Hamilton twice, Airdrie didn't turn up against them and Raith gave them a first half penatly and man extra. Plus three of those four games were at home. They've impressed but possibly Falkirk have even more so, knocking Hearts out the cup.

4 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

We only started well in the 18/19 season, Kenny Miller blip aside, and that was because we'd maintained the same squad from the 17/18 promotion season. Every other Premiership season we made a shite start because we'd lost key players in the summer and bedding in the new ones took time.  

They've played an extra match, a struggling Hamilton twice, Airdrie didn't turn up against them and Raith gave them a first half penatly and man extra. Plus three of those four games were at home. They've impressed but possibly Falkirk have even more so, knocking Hearts out the cup.

I get they have played an extra game but they have the points in the bag. I appreciate ours is against the Pars so good chance of 3pts

These are the seasons i was talk about. Not had the chance to do the analysis but a couple of seasons where we got some early points on the door as if i remember right come January after the break we struggled a bit 

IMG_2373.jpeg

IMG_2372.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Livi said:

I get they have played an extra game but they have the points in the bag. I appreciate ours is against the Pars so good chance of 3pts

These are the seasons i was talk about. Not had the chance to do the analysis but a couple of seasons where we got some early points on the door as if i remember right come January after the break we struggled a bit 

IMG_2373.jpeg

IMG_2372.jpeg

Start to the 19/20 season. Three wins in the first four months.

Screenshot2024-08-266_35_12PM.png.80c3c2b13445cde5d2bbad73b1956ecc.png

The start to the 20/21 season was even worse which led to Gary Holt resigning at the end of November.

9 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

We used to put in a good run around November-January then fade away towards the end of the season.

Nothing is decided this early in the season, a lot can change from Nov onwards, when you get down to the nitty gritty, and players have settled in. Also the depth and quality in squads will tell, when as you mentioned, injuries and suspensions kick in.

Exactly this. A long way to go.