Forfar v Elgin

What a shite game. Few chances, little quality from both teams. Will never enjoy us hoofing long balls up to wee guys up front. Honestly felt like we were hanging on to a point when Forfar equalised and came into the game.

Russell McLean is a really interesting guy. Seems quite good when he has the ball but has absolutely zero physical presence for a guy of his height. Did he win a header in the entire game? 

27 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

What a shite game. Few chances, little quality from both teams. Will never enjoy us hoofing long balls up to wee guys up front. Honestly felt like we were hanging on to a point when Forfar equalised and came into the game.

Russell McLean is a really interesting guy. Seems quite good when he has the ball but has absolutely zero physical presence for a guy of his height. Did he win a header in the entire game? 

He'll only win a header when he's furthest forward & flicking it on so he can moan that nobody is there.

Looks like Bradley Rodden then. He has left Stenny and Bonnyrigg within the last three months.

Both sets of fans saying he is out of his depth in the SPFL, so we will naturally sign him.

Edited by fafc1885

9 hours ago, football maniac said:

Hi just checking to see if anyone know who the trialist that got subbed on for Forfar was?

8 hours ago, C_titz said:

From stenny apparently 

1 hour ago, fafc1885 said:

Looks like Bradley Rodden then. He has left Stenny and Bonnyrigg within the last three months.

Both sets of fans saying he is out of his depth in the SPFL, so we will naturally sign him.

Whoever he was he put in more effort and won more balls in the 10 minutes he was on than Rusty did in 80 minutes. He did, however, look a bit lightweight (though anyone looks lightweight beside Rusty and Josh 🤣). Ten minutes is an insult to any trialist. 

2 hours ago, fafc1885 said:

I've heard that before too but I've also seen that he had a pretty good goal record at alloa.

On 01/09/2024 at 10:21, ScottishLoon said:

I've heard that before too but I've also seen that he had a pretty good goal record at alloa.

He did score a few for us, mainly off the bench at the start when Brian Rice first gave him a chance. He ran around a lot and took shots whenever he was near goal and a few went in. Unfortunately when he got some starts it very quickly became clear why he had been playing at a much lower level. I'd have thought he'd be better off going back to that level really but I suppose he's hardly likely to turn down SPFL clubs, who are probably just looking at the fact he did score a few times in League One. Certainly can't fault his work rate.