Tactics / Players

Ric

I am starting this thread with Pro Evo in mind, but I am sure it could be applied to FIFA or any of the other direct control or management games...

For Pro Evo 5, I have now adopted a new strategy as my 4-4-2 (diamond) was not quite returning the amount of posession and goal chances I would like.

Just now I am adopting two formations, the choice of which to play will depend on the formation of the opponents. I've been canny with my buys as although I have a fairly small squad (24 - although 3 of them are effectively "youth" players who I am hoping to improve over 3 or 4 seasons) I have cover of at least 2 players in each position.

1) 4 - 3 - 3

433.gif

I'll use this when the opposition doesn't have many in the midfield, or if they have wide attacking players. The LMF/RMF, with way the attacking has been set up (the arrows), will make runs into the box and support what looks like a lone striker. If you use this formation and you find that the opponent manages to push players into "the hole", then use the Set Position option to push forward one of the two central defenders to catch it.

2) 3 - 4 - 3

343.gif

If the opponent has a fairly beefy midfield I will use this, with the DMF mopping up anything before they get near the final third. The DMF does need to be a bit nippy, otherwise you can find yourself tracking back from the centre circle chasing an attacker and with your defence backing off. The attack arrows show the RWF/LWF will move to the corners on occassion which adds a lot, an awful lot, of width to the attack.

With both of these formations, it helps if the teamwork/speed/curling/response are pretty high on the LWF/RWF which will allow them to pick up through balls from the LMF/RMF and make crosses to the central striker. You also have the option to put a deep cross in and the wide striker on the other side can knock it back into the box (or in the case of formation #2, a knock back for a piledriver from the advancing midfielder).

Of the players I would recommend, I have found Torres (CF) easy to get and a blinder of shot. M'Bami (DMF/CF) too is a very cheap yet will develop well. I mentioned in another thread that David Marshall (GK) will turn into a very good keeper.

Anyone else wish to add their preferred formations/players? As I said, doesn't need to be PES, that just happens to be the game I prefer.

Archived