What Are You Listening To?

ICTChris

Can't be sure - The Sundays

Does anyone else like The Sundays? All three albums were excellent with barely a weak track between them

Talk about a blast from the past, haven't heard of them in ages. Are they still on the go?

The lead singer had a really distinctive voice.

Sweet Jane was a good track if i remember correctly, pretty mellow.

stuff I post on here is just personal likes not recommendations.

However, try to listen to Song to the Siren - Robert Plant

Sure, it's a cover version but a fantastic one.

Ach your the James Peel of P&B. I download and enjoy most of your recommendations.

Ach your the James Peel of P&B. I download and enjoy most of your recommendations.

:lol::rolleyes:

I'm not quite as old as Mr. Ravenscroft nor would I ever tarnish his memory by trying to be as diverse as him but I'm glad you like some of the stuff I post.

Man of Constant Sorrow - The Soggy Bottom boys

:lol::rolleyes:

I'm not quite as old as Mr. Ravenscroft nor would I ever tarnish his memory by trying to be as diverse as him but I'm glad you like some of the stuff I post.

Man of Constant Sorrow - The Soggy Bottom boys

Aye sorry i meant John.

I had never heard of Ivor Cutler for example, until you started posting about him. Funny as fook. Although i have no idea what yon Egg Meat ditto was about. Any ideas?

Aye sorry i meant John.

I had never heard of Ivor Cutler for example, until you started posting about him. Funny as fook. Although i have no idea what yon Egg Meat ditto was about. Any ideas?

Ivor was a one off surrealist. Things which made sense in his mind appeared weird to others on paper/vinyl/cd

Listen to "The Best Thing"...a superbly profound 20 seconds.

J'ai deux amour- Madelaine Peroux

C&P from another site-

John Peel's record collection threatened to overtake his Suffolk home. But in a small, battered wooden box, the much-loved DJ kept a precious selection of 7-inch singles that meant more to him than any of the others. Here is an exclusive insight into the full list of 142 singles Clicky (sfw)

C&P from another site-

John Peel's record collection threatened to overtake his Suffolk home. But in a small, battered wooden box, the much-loved DJ kept a precious selection of 7-inch singles that meant more to him than any of the others. Here is an exclusive insight into the full list of 142 singles Clicky (sfw)

I've never idolised anyone enough to make them a hero and yet John Peel IS my hero. So many nights in the late 70s and early 80s when his show, so revered/hated by the BBC that it was the only show on Radio 1 broadcast in FM stereo at that time, that I listened to his show and was just knocked out time and time again by what he was playing..in huge contrast to what was on in the daytime.

Today's anklebiters have MTV/other satellite, internet radio and podcasts but back then fucking daytime radio and TOTP dictated what you listened to unless you made a bit of effort and sought out the alternative.

So many people owe their interest in music to him...from the man in the street to the man in the street who was influenced by what they heard, picked up a guitar and became a member of the stadium bands we know today.

As for his record collection, he was clearly losing it a bit by having so many White Stripes records in there...but I can forgive a hero anything.

Lover Man - Charlie Parker