What Are You Listening To?

ICTChris

Loads - 2 CDs worth, Yellowman, Cutty Ranks, Barrington Levy, Junior Murvin, Tenor Saw, etc etc. It's mostly from the 80s, and it's all totally ace.

Here's the tracklist:

http://www.souljazzrecords.co.uk/releases/?id=13647

Sounds not bad, I had a wee peek at the discography on that label, theres some good stuff there. I noticed they have Studio 1 on it. A workmate gave me a loan of The Best of Studio 1 last week. It's excellent.

Sounds not bad, I had a wee peek at the discography on that label, theres some good stuff there. I noticed they have Studio 1 on it. A workmate gave me a loan of The Best of Studio 1 last week. It's excellent.

Soul Jazz is amazing for reggae and other reissues, I've got loads of stuff from it and it's all been brilliant.

Soul Jazz is amazing for reggae and other reissues, I've got loads of stuff from it and it's all been brilliant.

Some of the stuff looks quite good. There is also some very weird stuff on it as well like the Brazilian punk album and Add N To X. I had a look at them on youtube, very strange indeed!

Some of the stuff looks quite good. There is also some very weird stuff on it as well like the Brazilian punk album and Add N To X. I had a look at them on youtube, very strange indeed!

Yeah, there's loads of post-punk and weird stuff. The Arthur Russell compilation is pure genius, but then everything he's ever touched was IMO.

Actually, I've got an Add N To X album but it was on a different label, it had some good tracks on it.

Now listening to the Gang Gang Dance album "Saint Dymphna"

Edited by Colin M

Any compilation that Soul Jazz put out is guaranteed to be class :)