What Are You Listening To?

ICTChris

I had the old cassette of the music somewhere. I used to fall asleep with the walkman on listening to it sometimes. :rolleyes:

The theme tune is just tremendous. A really stunning piece of work.

It's great, Laura Palmer's Theme (used for the end credits) was beautiful as well. And obviously the jazzy tune for the dancing midget :lol:

Went to see David Lynch do a Q&A a couple of weeks back and it was played before and after he did his turn, and I had much the same reaction. Beautiful piece of music.

One of my favourite soundtracks that, and The Sycamore Trees is just brilliant. Jimmy Scott really had (has? think he passed away a couple of years ago anyway) an astonishing voice.

Most of Lynch's films have great music, Mulholland Drive and Blue Velvet especially.

There was an article on Scott in MOJO last year some time I think, although I can't remember if he had died or not. I'm sure wikipedia can tell us!

Was that Lynch thing any good btw? I found out about it too late, and then reckoned he'd just be talking about meditation or something anyway.

Was that Lynch thing any good btw? I found out about it too late, and then reckoned he'd just be talking about meditation or something anyway.

It was quite good although it was pretty shambolic. I thought it was going to be a lecture about transcendental meditation, which didn't really appeal funnily enough, but it was a Q&A from the get go. The questions were a mixture of film ones and meditation ones, although he seemed more impassioned about the latter. I was kind of done in and switching off a bit during a lot of it, but it was great just listening to him speak as he's got such a fantastic way of talking. Great look too.

Donovan then came on and did a set which I enjoyed far more than I thought I would. Some of his stuff was tripe but, although he's a bit of a figure of ridicule, I thought he was likeable and he has got some genuinely good songs. Hurdy Gurdy Man was fantastic. He shamelessly namedropped the Beatles with hilarious regularity though.

It was a pretty odd event all round, but worth going to.