What Are You Listening To?

ICTChris

Sadly with this probably awful f'cking "it's for charidee folks" record coming out, there's no chance Teenage Kicks will be Christmas Number 1. :(

is that the new band aid pish?

let's start an internet campaign!

something worked last year when that miserable gary jules pish got to number 1

Sadly with this probably awful f'cking "it's for charidee folks" record coming out, there's no chance Teenage Kicks will be Christmas Number 1. :(

I was debating this at work. As the Band Aid song is a truly awful crime against music, I suggest phoning up and pledging the £2.99 or whatever it costs for a CD single for them NOT to release it. Lets face it, it's just a sad cynical excuse for Coldplay et al to draw attention to themselves.

Also, it would clear the way for Teenage Kicks to be No#1 :D

Aye, it is.

As a general rule of thumb, i've found the following to be a good guide - if it's for charidee, it's shite

Mad World is a fantastic song. I'd forgotten about that.

Band Aid - Millionaires against Poverty. Does my f'king head in. Bob Geldoff, give them the f'king money yourself...

Aye, if that shite got to number one then surely Teenage Kicks can :D I think it would be a tribute, although I have to admit that I never really listened to the guy. But judging by the reaction of his death, he must have meant a lot to a lot of people :(

Aye, if that shite got to number one then surely Teenage Kicks can :D I think it would be a tribute, although I have to admit that I never really listened to the guy. But judging by the reaction of his death, he must have meant a lot to a lot of people :(

You didn't need to listen to his show that much to appreciate how important the guy was. I never listened to it that much but am fully aware of how important he was for alternative music in this country. All you need to know is that without John Peel, many of the bands that you love wouldn't exist.

You didn't need to listen to his show that much to appreciate how important the guy was. I never listened to it that much but am fully aware of how important he was for alternative music in this country. All you need to know is that without John Peel, many of the bands that you love wouldn't exist.

I didn't just mean that I didn't listen to his show joozy. To be honest' I had heard the name but I actually didn't know who he was.

All you need to know is that without John Peel, many of the bands that you love wouldn't exist.

Ain't that the truth. :( Manic Street Preachers, Squeeze, Birthday Party, just three to get their first airplay in the UK on John Peel's show. He was like the gateway between new, abstract music and the discerning listener when nobody else would dare touch it. It's no exaggeration to say the music industry in this country has been knocked back 10 years by John Peel's death. Radio 1 has left the building.