The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

I'm making the point that this thread is pretty much just constant posts from one supporter posting newspaper articles. Look at the top posters in this thead, theres one with 700+ posts, then the next person is just over 100, its ridiculous

Who cares?

From the YEP:-

Tom Lees has completed his move from Leeds United to Sheffield Wednesday.

The England Under-21 international signed a three-year deal at Hillsborough this morning, ending his long association with Leeds and their academy.

Lees was signed by United as an eight year old and progressed through their youth-team system before turning professional in 2009.

He made 135 appearances of the club’s senior side and was the longest-serving player in the current squad at Elland Road.

United said they had received an undisclosed fee for the 23-year-old, though Sheffield Wednesday manager Stuart Gray claimed last night that Lees was moving to Hillsborough on a free transfer.

Speaking after a friendly between Wednesday and Newcastle United, Gray told BBC Radio Sheffield: “The contract’s agreed, terms are agreed. He’s a fantastic player who we’re going to get on a free transfer and it’s just subject to a medical.

“He’s played a lot of games for Leeds and he’s a young man at 23, a footballing centre-half. He’s gone out and learned his trade, got a lot of loan games in, and he’ll give me competition at centre-back.”

Lees’ early development at Elland Road earned him a call-up to England’s Under-21 squad in 2012 but his form suffered last season and he was likely to be on the fringes of United’s starting line-up this term.

Asked if a fresh start might do him good, Gray said: “I think so.

“You can be at a club maybe too long and he’s been there since he was eight. Whether he got a bit complacent or whatever, he needs to come out. He’ll enjoy the way we play.”

:lol: I seen something the other day, which was an annoyance and came to post it. Forgot to, now forgot what it was! Shame on Benito though, seems a good guy.

Didn't think he was up to it, the club need to bring Naylor back

Get a striker in and we can defiantly make a push for the play offs, dunno it we'll actually get them though

What a load of shite I was talking.

Get a whole new team in then maybe we can finish above the relegation places

No surprise that we lost at Millwall as its not one of our happy hunting grounds.

Also picking the same defence and midfield that played most of last season didnt help, as the same old mistakes gifted millwall the win.

Hopefully Hockaday has learnt and these players will be no longer part of the squad.

I haven't been keeping right up-to-date with all that goings on at Leeds and only probably know the basics, but the interview Dave Hockaday did for the Football League Show last night was one of a man who clearly knows he is getting shafted and he is only there to be a 'yes man' for the new owners.