The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
N'Gotty look well past it I imagine?

Actually it was N'Gotty & their keeper that kept the score to just 1-0, they played well, especially the keeper. It's the same with many keepers at ER this season, they appear to think this is their chance to shine against a large crowd and perhaps try and get a move.

Edited by Rinky Sidebottom

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Cheers for the link.

Is that a Leeds tv job?

LUTV has been going for a few seasons now, it's not cheap and doesn't do live games, so I doubt many have actually joined it.

Grandpa Smurf has banned any commentary at Leeds games (home) unless you have joined LUTV and listen to Eddie Gray or Peter Lorimer giving their unbiased thoughts!

Joining LUTV is the only way you get live up to date Leeds scores, commentary etc, unless they are on Sky.

Edited by Rinky Sidebottom

Article from the Peterborough Evening Telegraph:

NEW skipper Russell Martin believes Posh will announce their arrival as serious League One promotion contenders by beating title favourites Leeds United at London Road on Saturday.

Martin, who was handed the captain's armband for the first time ahead of last weekend's win at MK Dons, is bullish about the Posh prospects of an upset win.

He accepts Leeds deserve to be favourites to win the League One title, but he is confident Posh have the players to follow them into the Championship.

Martin said: "If we play as well as we did against MK Dons we can beat anyone. We're in pretty good form now with eight points from four unbeaten matches and that's promotion form over the course of a season.

"Leeds are rightly favourites for the title, but it would be a real statement to the rest of the division if we can beat them.

"It will be tough because they are full of good players, but we are capable of causing them problems.

"I'm sure we will be as positive as we normally are which should lead to a great game, full of attacking football.

"It's a big game for both sides and I'm confident we can give a good account of ourselves and gain a valuable win."

Martin was signed from League Two outfit Wycombe in the summer as part of the £200,000 deal which also led to winger Sergio Torres arriving at London Road.

He never skippered The Chairboys, but he has captained many teams in his career. Martin was told he would be replacing Craig Morgan as skipper at the end of last week.

Martin added: "The manager asked me if I fancied it and I said yes straight away. Craig has been a top man about it and I think he agreed with the decision as he spends so much time away from the club with Wales.

"It's an honour of course and it won't change the way I approach matches because I tend to talk a lot anyway!

"I never skippered Wycombe, but I captained youth teams regularly so it's not a new job for me."

Posh are on course for the first sell-out for a Football League match in their history with 13,400 tickets sold before the close of business yesterday.

The capacity for the match has yet to be confirmed, but it will be around 15,000. Leeds sold their allocation of 4,200 tickets within three days of them going on sale.

The Posh Family Stand is almost sold out, but tickets are available in the London Road End and home sections of the Main Stand.

No tickets will be sold on the day of the game which has a noon kick-off

Leeds win all 6 games in september but manager doesnt get manager of month award.

This comes from the offical leeds site :-

Gary McAllister has missed out on the Coca-Cola League One Manager of the Month award for September. Macca has the best record of any manager in League One, having won six successive matches in all competitions - but the award went to Millwall boss Kenny Jackett.

Speaking before the announcement, the United boss said: "We've had a good run and it's nice that gets recognised, but it's not about awards, it's about where you finish in May."

United scored 16 goals during the month of September and won four league matches, including a 2-0 success at Carlisle, a JPT tie against Bradford, and a Carling Cup third round clash with Hartlepool United.

It's the first time the club have won six successive matches in all competitions since David O'Leary was at the helm in 1999.

Gary's rivals for the September award are Scunthorpe manager Nigel Adkins, who has presided over five straight wins, Jackett, who has recorded four league wins and a JPT defeat, and Oldham's John Sheridan.

Oldham have won only two of their four leagues during the month of September, drawing the other two, and suffered defeat to Morecambe on penalties in the JPT.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom

Had a funny feeling we would get beat today and we did. From all accounts we should have at least got a draw and did have the ball in the net, only for it to be rules offside.

It seems to be that every now and again the teams at the top all lose on the same weekend to team you would expect them to either beat ot draw with. Still I'm confident we will bounce back and start a winning run again.

Should we really care about the JP Trophy? Seems we play our 2nd team in this competition and still should win it.

I suppose that emphasizes the size of your club then.

Edit: Rotherham 4-2 Leeds. :lol:

Edited by BluebirdTon

Guest Rinky Sidebottom

Disgraceful performance tonight, especially when many Leeds fans traveled and paid to get into the game only to watch Leeds United play a game of "couldn't give a f**k"

I can't believe how bad some players really are, Marquis has to be one of the worst defenders ever, Michalik is a complete joke and Robinson is so fat, he can't walk never mind run.

Not one of those players should be paid for tonights performance joke. I hate the blue strip, we should only play in yellow and white when not in our all white strip, ditch the Grandpa Smurf money making crap.

Not sure what to make of Rotherham as not one Leeds player scored any higher than 3 out 10, but the wee lad who ran at the laughable defence for the penalty deserves a mention, as he looked good.

Some players SHOWUNMI, MARQUIS, LUCAS, MICHALIK & ROBINSON are quite simply not good enough for a team trying to win the league and must be ditched in January. I would accept Robinson going on loan from now until January to get the weight off and to get fit, but the rest can have their contract terminated.