The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Disgraceful performance tonight, especially when many Leeds fans traveled and paid to get into the game only to watch Leeds United play a game of "couldn't give a f**k"

Very fucking few of them seeing as it was a Yorkshire derby and the crowd was way under 5000

This is taken from a poster on the LUW forum that i am a member of and i agree with him:-

Secondly, it's the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. The Paint Pot Trophy. The Paint Pot Cup. The Paint Trophy. It's not the most important thing to Leeds, it never has been and it never will be. Yeah, it would've been nice to get to the final and have a nice day out at Wembley, only, let's face it, we'd probably have lost that, too. You know what our 'days out' are like. This cup to us is nothing but an inconvenience, now that we're out of it we can concentrate on the most important thing: the league.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Very fucking few of them seeing as it was a Yorkshire derby and the crowd was way under 5000

Not sure what the crowd was, but from all accounts the Leeds fans outnumbered the Rotherham fans. Now for a pish cup like the JP Cup, that is amazing. Still doesn't excuse the shite performance by Leeds (full respect to Rotherham who played well)

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
This is taken from a poster on the LUW forum that i am a member of and i agree with him:-

Secondly, it's the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. The Paint Pot Trophy. The Paint Pot Cup. The Paint Trophy. It's not the most important thing to Leeds, it never has been and it never will be. Yeah, it would've been nice to get to the final and have a nice day out at Wembley, only, let's face it, we'd probably have lost that, too. You know what our 'days out' are like. This cup to us is nothing but an inconvenience, now that we're out of it we can concentrate on the most important thing: the league.

Heard it all before, the fact is not one player out there tonight gave a f**k and it showed and no matter what the reason for a game is, everytime you play for Leeds you must give 100% and if that means you fight for the ball and even get kicked a few times, then so be it. Shame on all of them. Perhaps they will give their wage for tonight to a local charity, as to take it in their pocket would be no more than robbery.

I'd rather have watched the youth team have a go tonight than that pish.

f**k em.

I hate the blue strip, we should only play in yellow and white when not in our all white strip,

You should go back to playing in yellow and blue. The all white Real Madrid strip gives the illusion you are a big club :rolleyes:

This cup to us is nothing but an inconvenience, now that we're out of it we can concentrate on the most important thing: the league.

Surely a supposedly "big" club like Leeds should be able to compete in the old Third Division whilst dealing with the likes of Rotherham in the diddy cup?

Not sure what the crowd was, but from all accounts the Leeds fans outnumbered the Rotherham fans. Now for a pish cup like the JP Cup, that is amazing

It's less than an hour away from Leeds, just off the M1, much easier to get to than most away games

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
It's less than an hour away from Leeds, just off the M1, much easier to get to than most away games

It was the Johnstone Paint Cup ffs, get a crip! Had it been the Carling Cup (which we are still in) or the FA Cup, then we would probably have filled the ground, which I understand holds 10,000.

Why anyone went to watch the JP Cup I have no idea, it must have costs them around £50 each for the game, travel, food and drink, a complete waste of money if you ask me, especially when it was live on Sky. :o

Guest Adidassler
It was the Johnstone Paint Cup ffs, get a crip! Had it been the Carling Cup (which we are still in) or the FA Cup, then we would probably have filled the ground, which I understand holds 10,000.

Why anyone went to watch the JP Cup I have no idea, it must have costs them around £50 each for the game, travel, food and drink, a complete waste of money if you ask me, especially when it was live on Sky. :o

No dedication :rolleyes:

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
3-1 leeds beckford again and an injury time goal for brighton.

22,736 at the game.

To be honest after the farce that was the JP Cup performance, I knew they would go out today and try to show the style of football they can actually play, that still doesn't take away the fact that many of those playing against Rotherham, should NEVER be allowed to wear a Leeds shirt again. I'm still waiting for Granpaw Smurf to announce what donation he will make to a local charity (as opposed to paying those wankers who were given a chance in the starting 11 against Rotherham) until he does, my interest has fallen. :angry:

My condolences to the Chief following the loss of his wife:

Lucas Radebe's wife Feziwe Faith Radebe, aged 34, passed away on Saturday after a long battle with cancer, said Radebe's manager.

Glyn Binkin said Radebe was "devastated" by his wife's death.

"Feziwe was a loving mother and devoted wife. She was a great support to Lucas throughout his career as Bafana Bafana captain".

Binkin said Radebe's career at Leeds United in England flourished when Feziwe was by his side.

Feziwe is survived by her husband and their two children, Lucas Hugo, nine, and Owami, aged four; as well as her parents Eunice and Lesley Ngqobe and sister, Thandiwe.

He said the family had requested privacy at this stage so they could mourn in peace.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
My condolences to the Chief following the loss of his wife:

Lucas Radebe's wife Feziwe Faith 76y, aged 34, passed away on Saturday after a long battle with cancer, said Radebe's manager.

Glyn Binkin said Radebe was "devastated" by his wife's death.

"Feziwe was a loving mother and devoted wife. She was a great support to Lucas throughout his career as Bafana Bafana captain".

Binkin said Radebe's career at Leeds United in England flourished when Feziwe was by his side.

Feziwe is survived by her husband and their two children, Lucas Hugo, nine, and Owami, aged four; as well as her parents Eunice and Lesley Ngqobe and sister, Thandiwe.

He said the family had requested privacy at this stage so they could mourn in peace.

First I have heard of this news, I know I speak for every Leeds United supporter, in offering sincere condolences to Lucas and his family, the man is a legend at Leeds and his wife was regularly seen around ER. Lucas knows he can visit Leeds and in particular ER any day of the week and he will always be given the support he may need.

Edited by Rinky Sidebottom

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rinky Sidebottom

Disgrace of a defence again last night, really worrying. If Macca doesn't buy an entire new defence in January we are in trouble. Richardson was poor the whole game and I would take the captaincy off him as he obviously can't play and be captain (same as Douglas, the real captain of Leeds United)

Michalik is a DONKEY! :o

Telfer looked unfit and unconfident

Lucas is a fat waster.

Parker at least got a + mark last night.

Marques is one of the worst players I have seen in a Leeds shirt.

White is young and learning his trade, still 100% better than Marques and Michalik.

I know we are 4th, but the defence is so bad that I reckon they will cost us big time in the end.