The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Just watched yesterdays highlights and it was a good performance but we still gave them chances.

Good that we kept a clean sheet though.

Young Mr Delph is turning out to be a real find and is one for the future.

Just hope when the transfer window opens that uncle ken doesnt sell him given that he has signed a four year contract extension.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
I know all about grandpa smurf and what he does.

If any premiership club offers good money Delph will be gone.

With a tidy profit going to the Grandpa Smurf private pension account. It takes in more than it takes out!

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
His private pension doesnt need topped up by selling DELPH.

Am begining to think YOU dont support Leeds or any other team.

As you have nothing GOOD to say about the MIGHTY WHITES.

Bollox. I have been and always will be a Leeds United fan, the fact I aint so impressed this season and the season before, is mainly due to Grandpa Smurf and his fecking Directors. I aint impressed with the defence this season and I'm concerned that we will not WIN the league (being 2nd isn't good enough) due to the defence we have. I don't think I have been overally critical about any other area and like other Leeds fans I know Delph is a wonderful talent that will make us lots of money or could be the star to take us back to the Prem.

I hate where we are, I don't trust football owners and I hate the cost that watching Leeds Grandpa Smurf has put onto the fans. That still doesn't take away the fact that I will always be a Leeds fan and I don't have to justify my support to anyone, especially not you.

Let's see what Smurf does for Leeds when he dies/retires, before hailing anything about him, I reckon we have another twat like Ridsdale at our club.

In a time when the world has no money and no credit, he comes out with the redevelopment of the east stand..FFS!

Now f**k off.

Edited by Rinky Sidebottom

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Are you seriously suggesting that this redevelopment plan is a bad idea?

In the present climate and with nearly half of Elland Road usually empty during home games, yes.

Nobody would disagree that ER could be redeveloped and if Leeds do get back to the Premiership, then better services for fans and a hotel at the ground, sounds like a good idea. Leeds United don't own ER and to be honest it is very unlikely they will be able to purchase it back for many years, so I would suggest it would be better to buy back the superb training facility at Thorp Arch and then look at buying back ER, instead of hotels and new bars and shops. The hotels in Leeds city centre have had a 35% drop in bookings over the last four months, and I would suggest this is not unusual throughout the cities in the UK, so why build a hotel at the ground? Nobody has any credit to buy stuff they don't need anymore and pubs all over the country are saying they are struggling with lack of trade, so why have new bars and shops at the ground?

Wrong time and perhaps wrong club.