Equine Eggstravaganza

igor

Got quite a large bet on this trying to get my money back. Hopefully it will win and will put a chunk of it on Deman at 4's, as I fear it will be shorter then 2's come saturday.

lets hope it wins as im basically thinking the same :o

Got quite a large bet on this trying to get my money back. Hopefully it will win and will put a chunk of it on Deman at 4's, as I fear it will be shorter then 2's come saturday.
lets hope it wins as im basically thinking the same :o

wins by 10 lengths :D

Nice that it won, like an idiot reinvested a bit in the final race at fos las only to get another 2nd :( . Obviously made sure I had enough left over for Denman. I will probably still bet it on at Newbury on Saturday but I fear it being really short, in which case may look for some e/w value.

Nice that it won, like an idiot reinvested a bit in the final race at fos las only to get another 2nd :( . Obviously made sure I had enough left over for Denman. I will probably still bet it on at Newbury on Saturday but I fear it being really short, in which case may look for some e/w value.

i had the forecast in the last :)

ive taken denman at 4s

I love Denman, made an absolute packet when he won the Gold Cup with numerous antepost bets leading up to it, but I would be at pains to back him this week. He will have to concede weight to many talented rivals and after last season's problems it will be interesting to see how he returns this season. To me, there are loads of horses in there that will give him a race, not least one I rate very highly in Barber's Shop. I will also be interested in WAR OF ATTRITION at 50/1, who on old form, looks to be thrown in at the weights.

Watch Denman bolt up now :lol:

I love Denman, made an absolute packet when he won the Gold Cup with numerous antepost bets leading up to it, but I would be at pains to back him this week. He will have to concede weight to many talented rivals and after last season's problems it will be interesting to see how he returns this season. To me, there are loads of horses in there that will give him a race, not least one I rate very highly in Barber's Shop. I will also be interested in WAR OF ATTRITION at 50/1, who on old form, looks to be thrown in at the weights.

Watch Denman bolt up now :lol:

You are right about the weights but, WOA is a bit older than when he won the Gold Cup & is a bit injury prone too.

Barbers Shop is all hype because of the burd that owns it (IMHO) <_<

You are right about the weights but, WOA is a bit older than when he won the Gold Cup & is a bit injury prone too.

Barbers Shop is all hype because of the burd that owns it (IMHO) <_<

Old Mouse Morris wont run my old pal WOA if he's not sound, 50/1 is a huge price for this I think personally. And Barber's Shop is going to have a good season, very talented animal indeed.

Regarding Denman, Paul Nicholls said he'd be happy with a good run and a 4th place finish. I read today that he also feels he was 'well handicapped' 2 years ago with the inference being that he's not so well handicapped now.

He's a big tank of a horse and one which can carry lumps of weight. If he's back to his Gold Cup form he'll win it, but that's a big if.

I'll probably just take a watching brief in the hope that he turns it on again.

BTW, at Cheltenham this year my biggest bet was on Dunguib in the bumper. Made myself a fortune. If you check the Cheltenham tipsters competition on here you'll see I made it my NAP of the whole meeting. He's going to win the supreme novices by a mile.

Currently trading at 5/2. He's running at Fairyhouse this weekend and when he wins he'll go odds on. Get on.

Regarding Denman, Paul Nicholls said he'd be happy with a good run and a 4th place finish. I read today that he also feels he was 'well handicapped' 2 years ago with the inference being that he's not so well handicapped now.

He's a big tank of a horse and one which can carry lumps of weight. If he's back to his Gold Cup form he'll win it, but that's a big if.

I'll probably just take a watching brief in the hope that he turns it on again.

BTW, at Cheltenham this year my biggest bet was on Dunguib in the bumper. Made myself a fortune. If you check the Cheltenham tipsters competition on here you'll see I made it my NAP of the whole meeting. He's going to win the supreme novices by a mile.

Currently trading at 5/2. He's running at Fairyhouse this weekend and when he wins he'll go odds on. Get on.

Wow wow wow :lol:

He is clearly a good horse, possibly COULD be one of the best. But many a tremendous bumper horse has flopped over hurdles. He hasnt beaten much yet so to back at 5/2 antepost for the Cheltenham festival isnt a tactic I'd be adopting.

Wow wow wow :lol:

He is clearly a good horse, possibly COULD be one of the best. But many a tremendous bumper horse has flopped over hurdles. He hasnt beaten much yet so to back at 5/2 antepost for the Cheltenham festival isnt a tactic I'd be adopting.

Hey Cabbage

Didn't know you were down at the game last week as i would have bought you a pint. :D

oops :offtopic

Loving you guys knowledge on horses, and I'm also a huge fan of Denman, I still think at his best he's better than Kauto Star and it's a crying shame he's had the heart problems (hey, we've all got Hearts problems!) because it would be interesting to see where he would be today if still at his peak.

I've backed him for the Hennessey more out of blind loyalty than expectation as Nicholls horses have tended to need their first run in them this season (see Kauto last week), but Nicholls is very bullish about him even although he reckons he's not so well handicapped now as he was 2 years ago.

Barbers Shop is a worry, and I tend to agree with Cabbage about War of Attrition, his price is flippin massive for what the horse has achieved and is off a featherweight! The ground will ultimately be the deciding factor on the day, and Denman just loves some cut underfoot, but so do a few others.

Fingers crossed for the tank!

Guest dougalldogg

Tip for first race today in 12:15 - Silver Accord, presently can get it at around 10/1 on betfair, ive shoved a wee bit on it e/w. Usually dont get bad tips from my source so hopin for a good wee start to today.