Equine Eggstravaganza

igor

Even though I have an accumulator for Musselburgh, going to put a small lucky 15 on 4 of Cabbages tips

18:50 Rievaulx World 7/4

19:20 Island Music 4/1

19:50 Glenluji 11/4

20:50 Sam's Secret 7/4

All 4 to win is 140/1 B)

I've had one tip today at Goodwood,

4.45 - Goodwood - Lunces Lad - Ew @ 10/1 (Lads)

Flying at home and first time visor on ground he is bred for is ideal. Worked better than the classy Silver Touch last week and my only bet of the day. Looks a knocking each way to make all.

Good luck to all, Im away for a lie down :lol:

Cheers cabbage.

I'm on this as well at 8/1.It's getting well back.Took the price on offer

6:30 Andrew Nick 4/1 (heavily backed already)

7:30 Red Jester 4/1

Just fancies mind you.

I like red jester to oppose the fav incorporation.

edit Just noticed Sarah's gift is now slight fav and red jester is drifting(avoid :lol:)

Edited by stevenston saint

:(

£40 down for the day. I really shouldn't bet anymore :lol:

But... think i'll bet on the the two i posted and cabbage's one :lol:

So make it £55 down for the day :lol:

I'm off out in 20mins, so will miss all the racing. Then the pleasures of Overtime tomorrow at 6am

Im going along to Musselburgh tonight, here are my thoughts.

6.50 RIEVAULX WORLD

I'll be watching the second race at York with interest to see how VIVA RONALDO fares as he didnt finish too far in front of the selection at Chester on debut. The York runner looks well fancied for the race in terms of the betting also. The selection showed an improved level of form to run the well regarded Fivefootnumberone close at Haydock last time.

The debut run of EXCELLENT SHOW looked a standout introduction at the time (this was a horse I got a good word for at the time) but the form took a knock with the winner of the race running under expectations during the week there. I dont get the feeling that Smart's horses are running as well as they were, so at the prices I'm willing to side with the Ryan runner here. OUTCLASSED

7.20 ISLAND MUSIC

Another small field with a short priced favourite at the top of the market. I feel that although ALWAYS A ROCK is going to take some stopping as most Johnston 3 yos do, there is some value in looking at the opposition. My first thoughts are with ISLAND MUSIC. The first positive to be drawn is we have the talented 3lb claimer Jamie Moriarty on board, who is good value for that claim. The last race run by the selection was a win, in a scrappy affair, where she was staying on at the end to land the spoils. I think that the favourite will go out in front and try to make all, and my hope is that ISLAND MUSIC can pick the Johnston horse up late on, at a better value price.

Selection was rather gash, another for the fav backers.

7.50 GLENLUJI

It's going to be a toughie to take myself away from ANGELOFTHENORTH after she lined my pockets big style here last week, but I dont see her as being the most reliable so a follow up is ruled out by myself. There is absolutely no value for me in backing FUNFAIR WANE at 6/4, although this is a shocking race. I would only change my mind if there was significant rain between now and the off, which there hasnt been so far. GLENLUJI is one Im very interested in in this race. Has won over course and distance and if he is fit after a 302 day absence, Im with Kayster and believe that he is the one to beat here. One I will be watching in the market is NOTFORLOVENORMONEY who is completely unexposed, and such is the lack of strength in this race, he could come into the reckoning with Greg Fairley up.

Didnt fancy the winner at all at the prices, won well in the end though.

8.20 MR CRYSTAL

Yet another small field with a short priced fav, which is disappointing. DANZATRICE is going to take a hell of a lot of beating around a track that she very clearly likes. My only concern is that she is on a career high mark now after her last win, and that makes her vulnerable for me. I believe this to be the best race on the card, with some talented runners to oppose the fav. Firstly the top one NUMERO DUE is one Im interested in. Ran in much better races than this a couple of years ago, and the last couple of runs have shown signs of coming back to form after a lengthy absence. Will toil to give so much weight away, but is one I shall be watching with interest. The selection however is MR CRYSTAL from the bang in form Micky Hammond yard. Has been running well over hurdles and has taken the return to the flat in his stride. Has a lot more to give at this trip on the flat and looks proper opposition to the favourite.

The one I was 'watching' won :lol: / :(

8.50 SAM'S SECRET NAP

ROYAL DIGNITARY won at this course last time but that form looks pretty poor considering the placed horses were so lowly rated. He made a lot harder work than he should have in my view, and can be taken on this time. SAM'S SECRET ran very creditably behind a well regarded sort of Willie Haggas' last time out, and in this race, that form stands out an absolute mile for me. Has won 3 times on this course so clearly likes it round here. I regard this as my strongest bet of the day.

Baws isnt the word.

9.20 LOCHIEL

A horse has rarely been as good to me in a short space of time as ANNIBALE CARO has been in the past couple of weeks, but I think tonight is going to be the end of her winning run. A horse I like at Musselburgh is EASIBET DOT NET, who looked an absolute picture of health in the parade ring before her run against an extremely well handicapped individual last time out (who has since gone in again), and any rain will be in his favour. Could be overpriced. The one for me is LOCHIEL, who ran well last time out behind a revitalised individual over this C&D. Should take loads of beating under Paul Mulrennan.

Won easy as pie to get me out of some serious shit :lol:

Had better nights at Musselburgh tbh :lol:

As promised here are my selections (with reasoning) for the Musselburgh card tonight. After checking them up against the early prices, looks like majority are Fav's, but thought I would still post anyway.

6:50 - EXCELLENT SHOW -

First run of the season was 13 days ago, over the same trip as today (5 furlongs) only finished 3/4's of a length of the winner on that occasion and that was a class 4 event. Today sees a step down in class, too class 5, and also drops 2lb's in the weights, looks a sure fire winner.

7:20 - ALWAYS A ROCK -

Island music won LTO, but is up 13lb's for the effort so that is why I will be overlooking that one. This left a simple choice, "ALWAYS A ROCK". Won on its last outing by 2 lengths over the same distance as today (7 furlongs). 5lb rise in the weights and going up in class, but should still have enough too see of its rivals.

7:50 - GLENLUJI -

See post number - 1389

8:20 - DANZATRICE -

First off this horse loves the course, so will take kindly to it's style of running with the sharp bends. It's penultimate run was on this course over 1 Mile & 6 furlongs, carrying 9 stone 3lb's, on that occasion finishing second by a neck. Its next outing was @ Ripon, and a step up in trip to 2 miles and a drop in weights by 3lbs done the trick as it finished first by 1/2 a length from a horse called "MISTER ARJAY" who has re-appeared 6 days ago and won a similair event as todays by 2 lengths. Today this horse drops another 2lb's since its victory and is going over the preffered 2 miles. Bottom weight should see it hom the winner.

9:50 - ROYAL DIGNITARY -

Another horse that likes the course, and has a great trainer in Dandy Nicholls. Going for a treble today after winning its last 2 races, the last of which was over todays course and distance. Drops 1lb in the weights today, probablly beacuse it is going up from class 6 to class 4, which may be the only stumbling block. The danger will be "SAMS SECRET" who always goes close in this company.

9:20 - HUGS DESTINY -

Annibale Cairo will be the standout on paer as it goes for a 4 timer today. However the reason I go for HUGS DESTINY, is due to the form on the last race. LTO at Musselburgh when Annibale Cairo won, HUGS DESTINY finished just under 2 lengths of it, today sees a swing in the weights, and HUGS DESTINY gains 7lb's since the last run. It is always hard to get a 4 timer, so I feel the change in weights could work in this ones favour.

As I said, most have these have turned out to be favourites bar 1 or 2 of them, however due to small fields it was too be expected. Maybe doing a few doubles or trebles will prove a little more succesfull. Anyway enough from me, 7 more hours of work and I will be on the bvvy, canny whack it!!

P.S Any comments or other tips to oppose mine are welcome :)

Also had better nights, lol! Finished about £80 down on the betting front, but made up for that with some drinking to drown the sorrows :)

First 2 in, thought it would be a good night, but it wasnt to be. Glenluji stumbled out the stalls and was always in the rear, was never on terms. Have to say the winner of the first was impressive and absolutley walked it, but then again it was probablly made to look good by what it was up against.

Oh BTW that was me that shouted your name cabbage, ha ha :)

Edited by Kayster

Also had better nights, lol! Finished about £80 down on the betting front, but made up for that with some drinking to drown the sorrows :)

First 2 in, thought it would be a good night, but it wasnt to be. Glenluji stumbled out the stalls and was always in the rear, was never on terms. Have to say the winner of the first was impressive and absolutley walked it, but then again it was probablly made to look good by what it was up against.

Oh BTW that was me that shouted your name cabbage, ha ha :)

:lol:

Wondered who that was :D