Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

What in the name of f**k has Tony Martin's case got to do with this thread? :blink:

I think he is trying to deflect his original point because he has realised he has been talking nonsense.

What in the name of f**k has Tony Martin's case got to do with this thread? :blink:

He commited a crime and was sent to jail but many people felt it should never have went to court on compassionate grounds. Where do you draw the line?

Understand ;)

He commited a crime and was sent to jail but many people felt it should never have went to court on compassionate grounds. Where do you draw the line?

Understand ;)

I think I could quite happily draw a line between shooting people and leaving kids unattended

Understand ;)

Understand ;)

He shot someone in the back, as they ran away. Hardly the same as parents going for a meal, and leaving their daughter sleeping in their apartment a yards away.

Both are incidents where people felt compassion for them and felt the law shouldnt apply to them.

Totally different in one sense but in another very similar with regards that people felt the law shouldnt apply to them.

If we start disregarding the law (I sympathised with what he had done in some respects as who know's what we would do if push came to shove) but the law is the law and the day we start making the law more about emotion than reason and letting people off for neglecting kids and shooting people what next?

If we start disregarding the law (I sympathised with what he had done in some respects as who know's what we would do if push came to shove) but the law is the law and the day we start making the law more about emotion than reason and letting people off for neglecting kids and shooting people what next?

let me ask you a couple of questions :

A woman was near death from a unique kind of cancer. There is a drug that might save her. The drug costs $4,000 per dosage. The sick woman's husband, Heinz, went to everyone he knew to borrow the money and tried every legal means, but he could only get together about $2,000. He asked the doctor scientist who discovered the drug for a discount or let him pay later. But the doctor scientist refused.

Should Heinz break into the laboratory to steal the drug for his wife? Why or why not?

Edited by Ned Nederlander

let me ask you a couple of questions :

A woman was near death from a unique kind of cancer. There is a drug that might save her. The drug costs $4,000 per dosage. The sick woman's husband, Heinz, went to everyone he knew to borrow the money and tried every legal means, but he could only get together about $2,000. He asked the doctor scientist who discovered the drug for a discount or let him pay later. But the doctor scientist refused.

Should Heinz break into the laboratory to steal the drug for his wife? Why or why not?

Legally it's wrong but morally it's right.

Legally it's wrong but morally it's right.

Heinz broke into the laboratory and stole the drug. The next day, the newspapers reported the break-in and theft. Brown, a police officer and a friend of Heinz remembered seeing Heinz last evening, behaving suspiciously near the laboratory. Later that night, he saw Heinz running away from the laboratory.

Should Brown report what he saw? Why or why not?

Heinz broke into the laboratory and stole the drug. The next day, the newspapers reported the break-in and theft. Brown, a police officer and a friend of Heinz remembered seeing Heinz last evening, behaving suspiciously near the laboratory. Later that night, he saw Heinz running away from the laboratory.

Should Brown report what he saw? Why or why not?

I know what you are getting at! ;)

If it was me I wouldn't as I know it was a one off and they wouldn't do it again.

Understand ;)

I understand - however, I would argue that "the line" comes a substantial way before shooting a man in the back from 20 yards.

I know what you are getting at! ;)

If it was me I wouldn't as I know it was a one off and they wouldn't do it again.

In this case do you know if it was a one off with the parents? and do you really think they are going to do it again?