Caledonian F.c. Thread

RayBees

if we really wanted to show our age wed be bemoaning the fact that it no longer has a tannoy in the toilets playing oirish jokes on a loop

Now that was quality! I can only remember it the first time I ever went in and it was Lafferty's at the time.

Now that was quality! I can only remember it the first time I ever went in and it was Lafferty's at the time.

people were actually quite excited at the time about an irish theme bar opening in Inverness-so excited that soon after we got a scottish one(jock tamsons aka phoenix back bar) and,even more lamentably,the utter shite hole that is jonny foxes

Guest clacher2
Debenhams opening on New Years Day is also one of the most controversial things to ever happen in Inverness.

reminded me of the experimental weekend william lows was open till 9pm both nights :blink:

i still have nightmares of the pre tescos era

Guest clacher2
Ok everybody, who were your 3 all time favourite Caley players? Here's mine:

1. WILSON ROBERTSON - Faster than Carl Lewis, probably. Wilsie was a hero to me and many others. There were times when he was utter gash, but most of the time he was the greatest player that ever lived. A winger of amazing pace, power, excitement, and dedication in that he travelled from Aberdeen for every game.
  2. BILLY URQUHART - Due to my youthful years i only caught the arse end of Billy's career but he was still an awesome hitman and header of a ball. Still spotted scoring double hattricks for the British Legion well into his pension years in the Inverness Amateur League. Legend.
  3. KEVIN MANN - Mr Versatile Kevin Mann traveled with Wilsie from Aberdeen and could play well anywhere. Came across as a genuine nice guy and thats what counts. Also looked a bit like a WW2 RAF pilot.

Whats yours?

1000-Robertson_recent.jpg in a recent ict away top. both leg ends robertson and kevin mann where in the away end v aberdeen signing autographs and being worshiped by some lads i was texted by

as said in an excellent post by caley d on the spl forum, ict are continuing to keep the father club alive and kicking in the spl, certainly more than the likes of jimmy shaker or raybees who constantly go on about how dead they are

1000-Robertson_recent.jpg in a recent ict away top. both leg ends robertson and kevin mann where in the away end v aberdeen signing autographs and being worshiped by some lads i was texted by

as said in an excellent post by caley d on the spl forum, ict are continuing to keep the father club alive and kicking in the spl, certainly more than the likes of jimmy shaker or raybees who constantly go on about how dead they are

So clacher, do you want me to turn up at the next ICT away game and sign autographs? You fucking p***k. "The father club"? Are you a complete retard? Yes.

I just found Caley D's post:

"The name, the colours, the badge, the constant reminders throughout the function rooms, offices and hallways in the stadium of both teams by way of photographs etc. The merger of the history books into a single archive and the forthcoming museum.......not to mention the information and stories the fans of the old clubs pass on to the new generations of ICT fans.

In fact, ICT and it's fans are doing more to keep alive the history of Thistle and Caley than those who can't move beyond the merger.....do these post merger stay aways actually think they are helping keep the history of the clubs alive by trying to tell everyone that the clubs are dead? What kind of perverse logic is that?

Regardless of whether you were for or against the merger, it happened and there's no going back. You can refuse to be a part of what was born out of the merger, or you can accept it and do your part to ensure that the memories and history of the old clubs lives on.

Coming on to a forum and attacking the fans of ICT at every opportunity will serve no purpose, you are part of dying minority which serves no useful or welcome purpose...regardless of how you try to spin it.

I'm almost at the age whereby I've spent more time following ICT than I did Caley, but I'll happily spend time in the company of the "old-timers" who followed Thistle or Caley long before I did, but now follow ICT...and there's plenty of them...I love to hear their stories of how things used to be, heck I'll even listen to their rants about the fairness/corruption of the merger....they have one thing from me that the few dozen stay aways will never have....my respect. Why? Because they do more in one afternoon/evening of story telling to keep alive the history of the old clubs than any of the refuseniks will do between now and the day they die.

The only people contributing to the downfall of the memory of Thistle and Caley are people like you...whether you were a fan of either pre-merger team or not... who can't see beyond the chance for a cheap dig at the merger at any given opportunity. The merger was one small part in over 100 years of history for each club...a history that continues to have great chapters added season after season.....that is a fact, and all the bumping of gums in the world will not change it."

WHAT A FUCKING c**t

I am slightly pished having just come home from the pub but here goes:

So we have offices and function rooms in the Tulloch Stadium keeping Caley alive?? Oh, lord, not to mention tales from heroic merger loving ex-fans. Why aren't we more gratefull?? ICT are our saviours and we didn't even know it! Against all odds they have achieved the destruction of 2 great clubs and replaced them with possibly the worst ever excuse of a football club that has ever been manufactured. Something that a few refusenik, naive, old-timers like me can't deny. I am ashamed that your club comes from my town. What a goddam embarrassment.

What are we supposed to do you spanner? Build a statue? Lay a wreath of flowers?? We don't have a club or the resources of David Sutherland (w**ker) and that p***k from the Orion group to build a stadium for us do we?? I can't speak for the former Caley and Thsitle fans who now follow ICT and frankly i don't care. Like PRS has already said, being a football fan means you can't turn your loyalties on and off like a tap. It speaks volumes of the morals of these people to blindly follow another club. It doesn't matter a jot if you followed Caley or Thistle for 2 years or 30 years.

I am stunned at the ignorance of you and your kind. You are absoulutely disgusting.

Edited by RayBees

On sober reflection i probably shouldn't post whilst steaming. Still, my spelling and grammar held up well and i called Clacher a few names so it wasn't all bad. Also, you weren't at the game today Clacher.

Edited by RayBees

Guest clacher2

was i supposed to be at the game? god knows how many miles away from le stade de calais i am, nevermind inverness ^_^

pie and bovril is famous for drunken rants and yours was definitley up there, whatever you edited at 2.09 mustve been criminal

Edited by clacher2

was i supposed to be at the game? god knows how many miles away from le stade de calais i am, nevermind inverness ^_^

pie and bovril is famous for drunken rants and yours was definitley up there, whatever you edited at 2.09 mustve been criminal

Would you believe i had actually turned off the pc, went to bed, remembered something else to rant and got back up and turned it back on to vent my rage further. Girlffriend wasn't pleased. :lol:

Is there anything left of the grounds of Caley and Thistle? I quite like this picture from you:

cp1.jpg

Fantastic picture. Tragically both grounds have been demolished. There is nothing left of either. Caley's ground has been replaced buy a carpet shop and an electronic shop and Thistle's ground is now houses and an old folk's home or nursery i think.

You can find other pictures on the following websites:

www.caledonianfc.co.uk

www.invernessthistlefc.co.uk

invernessthistle.co.uk/home.htm

Edited by RayBees

Guest highlander
Fantastic picture. Tragically both grounds have been demolished. There is nothing left of either. Caley's ground has been replaced buy a carpet shop and an electronic shop and Thistle's ground is now houses and an old folk's home or nursery i think.

You can find other pictures on the following websites:

www.caledonianfc.co.uk

www.invernessthistlefc.co.uk

invernessthistle.co.uk/home.htm

Had a wee look at the pictures. Its a shame looking back that so much history is lost. I honestly didnt know some folk got offended with ICT being referred to as Caley. Due to the strips staying the (same-ish) and the Caley Chant i will always refer to them as Caley, but when i type i put ICT for short.

Why were Clach never thought about with regards to a merger ??

Had a wee look at the pictures. Its a shame looking back that so much history is lost. I honestly didnt know some folk got offended with ICT being referred to as Caley. Due to the strips staying the (same-ish) and the Caley Chant i will always refer to them as Caley, but when i type i put ICT for short.

Why were Clach never thought about with regards to a merger ??

Some ICT fans on here would disagree that history has been lost, instead preferring to look at it as "another chapter in the history of both clubs." Not me though. I don't really get offended when ICT are referred to as Caley because there's no real point. It's difficult to see what is left of Inverness Thistle apart from a bit of red in the ICT kit and the word "Thistle" tagged on at the end. It seems most people refer to them as ICT or Caley anyway (occasionally Caley Jags) so i actually think it's particuarly a shame for the loss of the Jaggies.

Clach were part of the original merger concoction when it was originally mooted as being a sort of Inverness United but they pulled out.

Guest highlander
Some ICT fans on here would disagree that history has been lost, instead preferring to look at it as "another chapter in the history of both clubs." Not me though. I don't really get offended when ICT are referred to as Caley because there's no real point. It's difficult to see what is left of Inverness Thistle apart from a bit of red in the ICT kit and the word "Thistle" tagged on at the end. It seems most people refer to them as ICT or Caley anyway (occasionally Caley Jags) so i actually think it's particuarly a shame for the loss of the Jaggies.

Clach were part of the original merger concoction when it was originally mooted as being a sort of Inverness United but they pulled out.

Do you think there kicking themselves now ? Having a football club that makes profit is rare as well as ICT could gain an extra 300 maybe from Clach fans at their gate.

do you go to ICT games now ?

Do you think there kicking themselves now ? Having a football club that makes profit is rare as well as ICT could gain an extra 300 maybe from Clach fans at their gate.

do you go to ICT games now ?

I take it you havent read this thread highlander? :lol:

I very much doubt Clach are "kicking themselves" now. And they dont even get 300 fans at their games anyway.

Guest clacher2

could only see clach getting involved with ict as a feeder club, which sadly hasnt happened yet as they play in whats deemed to be too low a level, all of our better young players have been going to sfl clubs on loan. even though something like that would probably add 50odd to their gate every week the hardy few clach fans would be gutted by the move, as there would never be a way out of it.