Caledonian F.c. Thread

RayBees

Finally, after a long postal strike delay, my latest and greatest Ebay purchase has arrived in the post - On a LSM issue 17 - The very final issue of the Caledonian Fanzine for those unaware. I have to say it's brilliant. Funny, intelligent, and sad in equal measures as by this point the merger was a done deal and Caley only had a couple of months of existence left.

The highlights are many: The regular and hilarious insults thrown at the Committee (Norman Miller in particular), Charlie Chistie gets merciless stick, the brilliant Editorial which sums up the merger perfectly, the slagging of the pathetic local media, and another tremendous letter from the legendary S.J. Macdonald.

Everyone involved with LSM deserves huge credit for the work they did (to borrow Sandy's catchphrase) "against all odds" in what was a horrible time during the final season.

never been called a legend before.feels good :rolleyes:

"never been called a legend before.feels good" :rolleyes:

Always one of the first things I did when I bought LSM was to check if you had sent a letter in. You must have covered a few miles watching Caley around that time as you were based in Glasgow weren't you? Keep the contributions coming

"never been called a legend before.feels good" :rolleyes:

Always one of the first things I did when I bought LSM was to check if you had sent a letter in. You must have covered a few miles watching Caley around that time as you were based in Glasgow weren't you? Keep the contributions coming

aye,its a shame i never got free bus miles

So how did you come to be a follower of Cowdenbeath? That's a ground I've never been to.

used to go to dozens of games per season following caley and,a couple of years following the merger ,i got sick and tired of being bored on saturdays except for international weekends so decided to watch someone else.The home colours are good too...

used to go to dozens of games per season following caley and,a couple of years following the merger ,i got sick and tired of being bored on saturdays except for international weekends so decided to watch someone else.The home colours are good too...

Aye, I thought the colours might have something to do with it. I see Cowdenbeath have a bit of a mini Dublin fan club which is quite funny.

ron fergusons fantastic book "black diamonds and the blue brazil" was also influential.fantastic football book,well recommended

Read that book just after it was published. Agree, a great read and written from the heart by a real fan

Read that book just after it was published. Agree, a great read and written from the heart by a real fan

Speaking of football books PRS. I'm currently winning a bid on Ebay for Highland Hundred. There seems to be a couple of copies on there. Sadly, but not unsuprisingly, there is no sign of "Caley All The Way".

Speaking of football books PRS. I'm currently winning a bid on Ebay for Highland Hundred. There seems to be a couple of copies on there. Sadly, but not unsuprisingly, there is no sign of "Caley All The Way".

Bollocks I was outbid. No matter there seems to be copies on sale for a pixed price of £9.95 - may just go for that option.