The Group Of Death

StewartyMac

To take a break from the Anglo-baiting, what about Group D?

You have to feel for Latvia, they could get some real hammerings here. Still, I suppose, they've made it and we didn't so fair play to them. I'll be cheering them on in all three games.

I reckon Holland and the Czechs will go through, but you can never discard the Germans, terrific pedigree in this competition.

Looking forward to the Holland-Germany game tomorrow.

Despite what Des Lynam and his mates were saying last night, I've been looking forward to the matches in this group more than France vs. England. If I was a German fan, I'd be shìting it. I can't see Holland not getting it together for the game against Germany due to the rivalry. There's only one thing some of those players hate more than each other and that's the Germans. The Czech midfield is easily good enough to carve open the German defence. The Germans will work hard and be well organised but they just don't have quality. I don't think they have anyone you could class as world class. I think the Czechs and the Dutch will go through.

I've got feckin' Croatia in the sweep :angry:

Germany will get papped out of this tournament by Czechs and the Dutch. Can't wait for the HOlland-Czech game, that should be excellent :)

I've got Germany in the sweep. :unsure:

I spent ages trying to describe how a 'sweepstake' worked to the Frenchman in our office. Then he drew Latvia.

I shouldn't have bothered :lol:

Archived