Proud To Be British!

Guest spr

Great to see our fellow Brit countrymen showing Johnny Foreigner what a friendly, fun-loving nation we are, and pretty damn good at footy we are too. Unlike Scotland, who are pish and not even there . :lol::lol: Let's hear it for Clive Tydesley too, the man is a true legend. He has to be made a Sir for his sterling services to British commentating. :thumsup2

And I'm sure you'll all agree when I say we wish England all the best and hope they win. Do it for Britain, boys! :D

I'm not mad, just a little unwell today. :bairn:eek:

* Help me, guys, just back from satan's country with a bad case of xenophobia and delusions of racial, nationalistic and footballing grandeur. :lol::lol:

Guest Bhoys67

Can someone explain why when England do well the Newpapers/web sites

think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, but when they lose or the hooligans

act up they are British? Why should the Welsh and the Scots be joined with that

lot? just a question..............

Guest sons1872

Totally agree with Bhoys67 that they say British when the bad things happen. When have you ever seen Scottish or Welsh fans causing any trouble. Lets face it the English are scum.

Totally agree with Bhoys67 that they say British when the bad things happen. When have you ever seen Scottish or Welsh fans causing any trouble. Lets face it the English are scum.

Yeah, its always the English that cause trouble. For example the incident in Portugal a few days ago, they said it was "probably a one off incident". One off incident, my arse!

Nothing like sweeping generalisations or complete nonsense is there? You can't say "The English are scum" and you can't say you have never seen Scottish fans causing trouble. Euro 96, Trafalgar Square and on GNER trains going south, Celtic fans in Amsterdam, Rangers fans everywhere. You can't say "it's always the English" because there have been German fans deported as well, and I've never heard the phrase "probably a one off incident" used anywhere.

With regards to the newspapers, first of all tabloid journalism attracts a certain type of reader by using certain language. Live with it or read a proper paper. Also, ever noticed Scottish successes on Scottish television and British failures. Again, it just happens.

You can't say "The English are scum" and you can't say you have never seen Scottish fans causing trouble. Euro 96, Trafalgar Square and on GNER trains going south, Celtic fans in Amsterdam, Rangers fans everywher

You post such shite. The OF fans give Scottish football a bad name with their sectrianism and bhygots.

And you are a complete and utter c**t!!!

Just back from Albufera myself and had one of the best weeks of my life. I stayed in the Old Part of the town where most of the football fans stayed. It was totally class and i had a great time every night partying with the English, Dutch, Swedish and Russians. Loads of songs and great laughs. Dancing in the fountain of the old square with the dutch and singing Russia songs on Sunday night with their fans. The hooligans went to the new town, and the real fans went to the old town. Simple really. Went to "the strip" on monday night about 1am to see what it was like, but the Linekers bar got closed when we were in. Left to find our mate down the strip and got stopped by riot police so we had to go home. There were decent fans on the strip too, but i cant understand why they would go there.

And what is that Dumbarton fan on about. Thick as mince he seems. What swear words look like this- f**ck. And whats the Mon the Gers thing on about :(

You post such shite. The OF fans give Scottish football a bad name with their sectrianism and bhygots.

Erik for christ sake. IF SOMEONE DISAGREES WITH YOU, YOU DON'T HAVE TO RESORT TO ABUSE. I know you are thirteen, but you'll have to learn how to argue coherently when faced with opposition.

I seriously think you have reading problems, because what you said is exactly what I said.

I was disagreeing with sons1872, and what do you know, you agreed with me! :lol:

Again, I'll repeat what I said. Nowhere did anyone, ever, say that the incident in Portugal was a one off. Nowhere.

Secondly, calling the English "scum" and always at the root of all trouble, is a mass generalisation, and therefore wrong.

Additionally, the word bigot has nothing to do with religion as of itself. It refers to an unwillingness to accept the existance of opposing arguments.

Archived