My mate Ryan

Gav

Garrowhill Clyde

David W

Shakey

GeeJay

Kyle

Boab

That's 9 players, unless someone else is yet to confirm?

Dave Tait?

Enjoyed that again tonight - apart from the last 5/10 mins or so when the bibs let in a few, it was pretty evenly matched with even teams (both in numbers and ability).

What time are we up next week.

Oh, and note to self - It was Gav playing tonight and not Kulli - took me about 10 minutes to work that one out. D'oh. :rolleyes:

I played a bit shit tonight, but it certainly was an even match, which is good. It is so much better when the numbers are equal.

9.30 next week I believe, which I'm good for.

Edited by GeeJay

My. Legs. Hurt.

Literally ran/slide tackled myself into the ground tonight, my thumb is also fucked from a Craig G Telfer-esque slide tackle which resulted in a rather nasty confrontation with the side boarding..

Sorry if anybody else in the group thinks I was going over the top tonight with my challenging, I know I didn't do any bad fouls, but there were a few people who seemed to be noised up by things like a wee tap on the ankle or a sly tug of the shirt. These things are a part of football however, so there's no use complaining, just give as good as you get.

Thought the teams weren't so much even, as much as Shakey, Kyle, Boab, Ryan and myself all punched well above our collective weight to make it a good game. I feared at the start of the game that with Gav and Dec on the same team we were always going struggle, given that our only player of similar ability was Boab.

I was delighted when we pulled it back level a few times shortly before the end, an achievement in itself given that the teams on paper were unbalanced IMO and that we were 5 down at one point.

Also, 6 goals for myself tonight, my largest haul yet, the pick of the bunch being the sweeping move where Boab played Shakey in down the right hand side, and I turned in his pin point cross with an acrobatic, left foot volley B) General finishing and goal keeping was poor from our team again tonight though, we need to do better next week.

Literally ran/slide tackled myself into the ground tonight, my thumb is also fucked from a Craig G Telfer-esque slide tackle which resulted in a rather nasty confrontation with the side boarding..

Sorry if anybody else in the group thinks I was going over the top tonight with my challenging

Were you there last night? :P

I reckon I'm probably a 50/50 for next week. I'll confirm either way on Saturday/Sunday but I may choose just to rest my knee for another week.

Good game last night - Dave's tackle on the advertising boards was unbelievable. First time my team's won in weeks :D:lol:

Edited by David W

I won't be able to make it, pulled my calf playing 11s on Saturday morning.

Dave, how steaming were the players at the end of the awards? :lol:

They were in Bar Budda from about 3 for the Rangers game (most of your players are apparently **** by the way :lol:) and didn't leave to go to the do until about 6.30, which was numerous pints, Jack Daniels, double vodkas and Sambucas later.

One of your players was so pished he couldn't stand, a wee-ish guy with short blond hair and a bit of a lisp. Had to be helped out the door and into a taxi by Alan Trouten :lol:

I won't be there tonight to discuss it, but are we entering a fives team for the P&B tournament in June, or going our separate ways (the QP fans' team winning everything, obviously)?

One of your players was so pished he couldn't stand, a wee-ish guy with short blond hair and a bit of a lisp. Had to be helped out the door and into a taxi by Alan Trouten :lol:

:lol:, can't really think who that might be. Maybe a youth player, which would explain the light-weight features.

I won't be there tonight to discuss it, but are we entering a fives team for the P&B tournament in June, or going our separate ways (the QP fans' team winning everything, obviously)?

I'd be up for putting a team together, aye. Makes sense I suppose if we're playing together regularly, and we can have a good 7 or 8 players in the squad to make full use of subs, fresh legs etc. I'll guage the interest in it tonight and let you know mate.