Glasgow Area 5's

Kylesons

Ive moved into town now and i'm finding it murder keeping fit, where is it you usually play and is there any space for an "outsider" ?

Usually plenty of room mate, we play on Monday nights at the Powerleague fives in Townhead (couple minutes walk from the big Cineworld).

Thats walking distance from me! I'm North Hanover street. Well aye definately count me in then, i work most mondays but if i know in advance it isnt too much hassle to swap my shift around. What time do you usually play and is the standard any good?

I'm in if thats fine then? I wasnt asking if the standard was good because i think i'm brilliant or anything, its just that i'm really really unfit just now and didnt want to be there just to make up numbers and watch the game pass me by. If there are numbers for a game next monday definately i could put in a shift change request just now to get it sorted. Is it always mondays?

It's always Mondays, I don't think it will be a week tonight, probably two weeks. Dave258 usually phones up to book it, so we'll see if he's up for it - if not, someone else will have to book it week to week.

What age are most people that play? As i said if i know in advance it shouldnt be a problem for me to make most mondays. I'm quite looking forward to it but shite'in masel that you are all peles and i'm andy roddie. I'm a good goalie if all else fails.

Edit: how much is it? i know its daft but i never realised how expensive living on my own would be, need to count pennies.

Edited by bopolopoluss1

What age are most people that play? As i said if i know in advance it shouldnt be a problem for me to make most mondays. I'm quite looking forward to it but shite'in masel that you are all peles and i'm andy roddie. I'm a good goalie if all else fails.

Edit: how much is it? i know its daft but i never realised how expensive living on my own would be, need to count pennies.

Normally a fiver. That was the main problem with our game's pre-summer, we'd end up with 8/9 players and Dave would end up out of pocket. Need to sort something out with regards to that; some like you need to commit before the cancellation date and if you cancel after that, you need to stump up the money unless someone else takes your place.

We're definitely not all Pele :lol:

Alrighty children. I'll be up for organising it again cos we have better numbers now for it, and Aussie Dave is back too so that's another number. Only problem I have is that the lad who did Monday nights at my work (Ryan who's played with us a few times) has left and it's fallen upon muggins here to pick up the shift unfortunately. I also don't find out for sure if I'm working until potentially the Sunday beforehand, so I can't commit to being the guy who books it etc until I've spoken to my boss, and got him to cut the nonsense so I can play fitba.