Glasgow Area 5's

Kylesons

Fudge also played very well considering he has been away for weeks! Fitness obviously isn't that much of a problem for you mate.

Are you mental?

My performance was somewhere between the Haitian Earthquake and the Holocaust in the disaterous stakes. I was gubbed after about 30 seconds which wasn't helped by the fact I was was needing my bed before we even kicked off.

I'm out for next week as I've got an interview for teacher training e. doors on the Tuesday.

Impressionable young minds + me = lol

Edited by Fudge

Out for this Monday (family business).

If it's going to be at 9.30pm from now on, I'm going to have to give it serious thought if I play again - I didn't get home til midnight on Monday there and I was absolutely shattered the next day. It seems a bit of a folly to travel through to Glasgow to play Fives at that time.

Out for this Monday (family business).

If it's going to be at 9.30pm from now on, I'm going to have to give it serious thought if I play again - I didn't get home til midnight on Monday there and I was absolutely shattered the next day. It seems a bit of a folly to travel through to Glasgow to play Fives at that time.

It can be a bit exhausting the next day, I agree. What's the score if we were to book it a week or so in advance Kev? Would we get a 9pm slot?

Also, the P&B Fives has been announced as well (Saturday the 12th of June), any chance a few would be up for entering a team (perhaps two)?

I'd also prefer an earlier time, albeit I'm not too bothered. It's understandably difficult though, given that people travel from further than I do.

Perhaps looking into an earlier time might be an idea, Kev?

Adam, I think the reason why we only ever get 9pm or 9.30pm is due to numbers only being confirmed on the day of play, and sometimes we're reluctant to book it 'in case we don't get the numbers', but I'd suggest that we try and get a block booking earlier as we almost always have 'teh numbers.'

What's everyone else think?

Granted I only started playing a few months ago, but I think in that time there has only been once where we haven't had the numbers and had to pull the plug as a result. I don't see why we don't just take the chance and book it a few days in advance. There are normally at least five that go every week, with others making appearances when they can (Kyle, Rydo, G etc...) so I see no reason why we don't just block book it.

This way, we will be able to keep decent players like Telfer and Dubs and therefore keep the numbers up.

I'm one of those who doesn't mind the late KO though. In fact, if it were perhaps even an hour earlier, I probably wouldn't be able to make it as I like to see the boy off to sleep before I leave.

You interested in entering a team for the Fives, Shakey?

Edited by Adam_Wee

Granted I only started playing a few months ago, but I think in that time there has only been once where we haven't had the numbers and had to pull the plug as a result. I don't see why we don't just take the chance and book it a few days in advance. There are normally at least five that go every week, with others making appearances when they can (Kyle, Rydo, G etc...) so I see no reason why we don't just block book it.

This way, we will be able to keep decent players like Telfer and Dubs and therefore keep the numbers up.

I'm one of those who doesn't mind the late KO though. In fact, if it were perhaps even an hour earlier, I probably wouldn't be able to make it as I like to see the boy off to sleep before I leave.

You interested in entering a team for the Fives, Shakey?

Yeah, I'm not too bothered about the late kick-off, but it might be a decent idea to at least enquire about maybe a 9pm block-booking.

There's always going to be times when people can't make it for a variety of reasons, but maybe 9pm might suit everyone better? Mr Fabregas and Mr Dubs wouldn't be home too late, Mr Ryan Cowden would be able to play more often and if we're short of numbers, other people might be more up for a game if it's at that time, as opposed to 9.30pm.

Thoughts?

Aye, I'd probably be up for that. See what the interest is n that.

Yeah, I'm not too bothered about the late kick-off, but it might be a decent idea to at least enquire about maybe a 9pm block-booking.

There's always going to be times when people can't make it for a variety of reasons, but maybe 9pm might suit everyone better? Mr Fabregas and Mr Dubs wouldn't be home too late, Mr Ryan Cowden would be able to play more often and if we're short of numbers, other people might be more up for a game if it's at that time, as opposed to 9.30pm.

Thoughts?

Aye, I'd probably be up for that. See what the interest is n that.

I'm in favour of anything that means I can get a game of football really. :lol: My attendance the past few weeks has been woeful due to illness, but I see no reason why I wouldn't be able to put my name down for X amount of weeks in a row. I'm just assuming here, but I don't see it being much of a problem for you, or Kevin, or Paulo either?

I'd like it if we could maintain a larger core of regulars but find it improbable that we ever will.

Enquiries over earlier lets have been made. A number of times. Powerleague are generally unable to bring us back any more than half an hour however. Maybe an hour if we were lucky.

When one takes into account the number of times that we've either been forced into postponement or played with generic friends of generic friends making up our majority, booking far in advance cannot be deemed prudent.

If I had some cash about me, believe it or not, I wouldn't mind taking a hit on that uncommon occassion where we failed to find ten bodies. Unfortunately, though my rear may be robust, my wallet isn't contributing to its mass at present. PL tend to blacklist those who've failed to pay for their lets. And so we'd be scuppered at that stage.

This isn't beyond further discussion. Perhaps changing the day would allow more people to commit long-term? Open to suggestions but not expectant.

I'd like it if we could maintain a larger core of regulars but find it improbable that we ever will.

Enquiries over earlier lets have been made. A number of times. Powerleague are generally unable to bring us back any more than half an hour however. Maybe an hour if we were lucky.

When one takes into account the number of times that we've either been forced into postponement or played with generic friends of generic friends making up our majority, booking far in advance cannot be deemed prudent.

If I had some cash about me, believe it or not, I wouldn't mind taking a hit on that uncommon occassion where we failed to find ten bodies. Unfortunately, though my rear may be robust, my wallet isn't contributing to its mass at present. PL tend to blacklist those who've failed to pay for their lets. And so we'd be scuppered at that stage.

This isn't beyond further discussion. Perhaps changing the day would allow more people to commit long-term? Open to suggestions but not expectant.

The fact of the matter is though Paul is that we have almost always managed to get that magic number in time. Surely if we had a set time every week (say 8.30pm) then we would be able to get more confirmed players before the Monday? I'd imagine most people could be put off by the fact that sometimes at half seven on the Monday evening we are still unsure if we will get a game. Stability will bring the punters in.

If we were to have a set time every single week then I would gladly put my name down.

Like you also said, I would be interested to see what other nights folk would be able to make it. I reckon I would be available most nights. Monday happens to be the best for me as my girlfriend only has a half day that day, but any other she is not home until 5pm, which means it's a bit unfair on her if I dump everything on her as soon as she walks in the door and I head out to play Fives.