Glasgow Area 5's

Kylesons

Well that was one of the classics, it had everything for the neutrals. GRAFT, niggle, contentious penalty decisions at both ends, tackles flying in, goals chopped off, a 10 man brawl in the centre circle, mental breakdowns.

But all in all a well deserved narrow victory for the green bibs, well done lads.

I'll hold my hands up for playing football in a horrible manner, the pushing, cynical tackles etc. There's never any malice in a tackle from me, but Kaz' frustrations were totally understandable. Like trying to get a leopard to change it's spots, but I'll try and tone it down if possible.

Nae hard feelings towards Kaz or any of the opposing grafters tonight.

A decent game which had both sides well infront at various stages. Thought Kyle and Smurph were the best performers for them and Stu a.k.a Philip Lahm was our best player by quite a bit.

Looking forward to next week.

I'll hold my hands up for playing football in a horrible manner, the pushing, cynical tackles etc. There's never any malice in a tackle from me, but Kaz' frustrations were totally understandable. Like trying to get a leopard to change it's spots, but I'll try and tone it down if possible.

Nae hard feelings towards Kaz or any of the opposing grafters tonight.

A decent game which had both sides well infront at various stages. Thought Kyle and Smurph were the best performers for them and Stu a.k.a Philip Lahm was our best player by quite a bit.

Looking forward to next week.

I forgot to add Tom, if you want a square go you and your ma can find me at 12 Ruel Street!

That's very fair of you mate, I apologise for my part in it, your style probably wasn't particularly bothering me before we threw away a 7 goal lead so it was probably more to do with that. No one wants it to be a woman's netball match (well, perhaps Dave258 for other reasons) but I think you could be just a tad more careful with leaving your foot in when tackling and I think you recognise that.

Anyway, count me IN for next week.

Fucking hell, sounds like the fives gets taken a bit too seriously in Glasgow!

Regrettably this is what happens when you let internet ners out from behind their keyboards to interact in the real world, the sad reality is we cannot cope with it.

They're blue actually.

Nah I agree with Shakey they were definitely yellow ;)

I apologise for nothing as I'm a stubborn, cynical arsehole. Don't know why I shoved dave's shoulder mind, he wasn't even doing anything :lol: I'll behave better next week. The game was cracking though, end to end, lots of neat passing moves and I felt I had one of my better games for a wee change. Needed more female netball players though.

And everyone should just take a leaf out of my book by being too quick for Shakey to decapitate :D

Edited by dave258

I'm all for the dirty side if the game (when I played 11 aside I was either a RB or a defensively minded CM breaking up play any way possible) but leaving your foot in late with tackles at a kick about game of fives! Unbelievable Jeff!

^^^hasn't met shakehands tom IMO.

I forgot to add Tom, if you want a square go you and your ma can find me at 12 Ruel Street!

That's very fair of you mate, I apologise for my part in it, your style probably wasn't particularly bothering me before we threw away a 7 goal lead so it was probably more to do with that. No one wants it to be a woman's netball match (well, perhaps Dave258 for other reasons) but I think you could be just a tad more careful with leaving your foot in when tackling and I think you recognise that.

Anyway, count me IN for next week.

Fair play. I'll take that on board and try to leave the boot in less and be less cynical and play in the spirit that GA5's in gloriously intended.

I'm all for the dirty side if the game (when I played 11 aside I was either a RB or a defensively minded CM breaking up play any way possible) but leaving your foot in late with tackles at a kick about game of fives! Unbelievable Jeff!

I've got a cut the depth of the grand canyon on my hand, presumably from being shunted into the sideboard. My left ankle has its usual array of cuts and stud marks, courtesy of Smurph this week.

Nah I agree with Shakey they were definitely yellow ;)

I apologise for nothing as I'm a stubborn, cynical arsehole. Don't know why I shoved dave's shoulder mind, he wasn't even doing anything :lol: I'll behave better next week. The game was cracking though, end to end, lots of neat passing moves and I felt I had one of my better games for a wee change. Needed more female netball players though.

And everyone should just take a leaf out of my book by being too quick for Shakey to decapitate :D

I too am a stubborn, cynical arsehole but I will apologise as I regularly display the dirty side of my game. As it irks some I'm happy to vow to try and tone it down in future.

Yeah, your shove of David was very amusing, seemed to come out of nowhere. :lol:

I remember one occasion you were too quick, but it's a rare occasion as far as I can recall. ;)