Clubs Who Should Be Bigger/better Than They Are

ICTChris

Portsmouth

Must disagree with that one I'm afraid.

Portsmouth are a mickey mouse, southern outfit. Yes they have won the top flight of English football and held the FA Cup for the longest, albeit, Second World War was the reason for that.

But what, two years in the top flight in what 50 odd years, down to the fourth division in the eighties. The Skates are smaller than in my opinion Millwall. Southampton are a far bigger club who has not achieved anything, apart from the 76 Cup Final. They have been in the top flight since 1978 and still not got anywhere

Nottingham Forest

definietly, just a shame that high up in the club they were so corrupt in the mid 90s cos they are still havin to sell anything decent that comes through the ranks- shawn wright-phillips, jermaine jenas etc.

in saying that if they can get promoted soon they might well be more experienced with their finances and may handle them better

Glad you thought of us chris, but why you say us??

Just think that Elgin is quite a big place and that Elgin City have a decent history.

If the admissions to the SFL had been done in the late 80s then County wouldn't have got in - it would've been Elgin and Caley/ICT (that said, it can't be disputed that the right decision was made about who to admit). I'm not entirely au fai with the ins and outs of it, but I think the John Teasdale Highland League title scandal really hit Elgin as a club as well.

I think I'm right in saying that when Elgin 'won' the Highland League in 1993 they had attendances of 1000+ a lot of the time - a successful Elgin City side in the SFL would get above average crowds and would have the potential to attract players as well.

Archived