Darts...

Sideshow

Never watch the PDC as I don't have Sky, AL and co are kidding themselves on if they think they're the next big thing in darts, there's The Power then there's the rest, b4 he came along you could watch guys in your local playing at a level not far removed from what you saw on the telly, The Power has cranked up the overall standard dramatically over the last 2 decades.

Remember watching Ronnie Sharp getting beat in the QF's or Semi's on the Saturday live on TV, then playing like an absolute fud in the Darlington in Ayr on the Sunday in the Ayrshire Super League, he also sweated twice as much at the Darlington than he done on the TV.

Edited by ayrmad

Anybody else slightly concerned by the way James Wade is going these days ? Think back to the fresh faced, focus Wade of a couple of years ago to what you have now. Looks like he's been partying hard and practising infrequently. When he first broke through I think we all that he was the man to challenge the dominance of Taylor. However, he seems to play in bursts these days, usually when he's dug himself into another hole. Don't get me wrong, he's still a cracking player but I fear he may piss it all away unless he gets a grip. That "44" against Whitlock was the sign of a player who is mentally just not there.

to busy shagging hells bells to concentrate on darts

What a great day of darts that was. Missed the Barney game but the rest was really top drawer stuff and Taylor continues to amaze me. That was just on a different level.

Whitlock looks dangerous though and I don't think he will be fazed by the Power should they meet in the final.

This first game at lakeside should be a belter, O'Shea should have enough experience to get past Robbie Green, but it will be close.

EDIT; I'm not liking the hollow thudding of the board, it sounds a bit cheap & nasty

Edited by northernscum

Get your cash on Paul Hanvidge, if he's in the mood he'll cruise through, if he's not in the mood he'll get hammered, I think he'll be a value bet at decent odds.

Get your cash on Paul Hanvidge, if he's in the mood he'll cruise through, if he's not in the mood he'll get hammered, I think he'll be a value bet at decent odds.

For me Paul is too erratic to win the title, like you say he can play some superb darts one minute and the next he is all over the shop, depends how much prep work he has put into the lead up to the tournament.

On the form Waites showed at the grand slam, I cant see it, as good as Hanvidge is. Hes 11/2 btw.

Hate how the commentators and presenters keep harking on about how this is the biggest darts championships, best atmosphere, knowledgeable crowd, pinnacle of a darts players career. Fair enough, on some levels that may be true, but stop going on about it as if you have a point to prove.

On the form Waites showed at the grand slam, I cant see it, as good as Hanvidge is. Hes 11/2 btw.

Hate how the commentators and presenters keep harking on about how this is the biggest darts championships, best atmosphere, knowledgeable crowd, pinnacle of a darts players career. Fair enough, on some levels that may be true, but stop going on about it as if you have a point to prove.

Brace yourself, because there's a full nine days ahead of just that.

Green has been the better scorer so far in this match, but O'Shea has been marginally better at the doubles which is where it matters.

EDIT: As I type this O'Shea smashes in a 180... :rolleyes::D

For me Paul is too erratic to win the title, like you say he can play some superb darts one minute and the next he is all over the shop, depends how much prep work he has put into the lead up to the tournament.

Sorry, I was only talking about his 1st match.

Just shows the difference between blazers running things and proper forward thinking businessmen.

Wonder if our football will ever see the light.

Sorry, I was only talking about his 1st match.

:lol: Oops, well against Waites in the 1st round he definately has a chance, but only if he comes out of the traps flying.

I don't know if Waites has continued the form he showed at the GSoD but if he is then Paul will have to hit the form of his career to beat him, (hope he does by the way) ;)

:lol: Oops, well against Waites in the 1st round he definately has a chance, but only if he comes out of the traps flying.

I don't know if Waites has continued the form he showed at the GSoD but if he is then Paul will have to hit the form of his career to beat him, (hope he does by the way) ;)

Waites 1/10, a jolly good lay IMO.