Darts...

Sideshow

Amazing win.

Anyone on here read sid waddels book ? I thought it was pretty good,his stories of getting pished with former players and the like.The chapter on the split was good although i would like to read a book that gives the bdo side of the story.

Yeah, I read the book last year and, although Waddell does annoy a bit on the telly these days, I thought it was a great wee read.

How good a show was bullseye? , just watching an old one there the prizes were a microwave :lol:

They should bring it back on the bbc,colin murray would make a great host.

They tried bringing it back with Dave Spikey but it didn't really work. Best to just leave it so we can enjoy the older episodes on Challenge - in saying that, some of the opening routines from Jim Bowen in a few episodes are utterly cringeworthy and would even make Jim Davidson blush.

Ontario Players Championship

Fourth Round

Wes Newton 6-2 Mark Webster

Colin Osborne 6-4 Alan Tabern

Kevin Painter 6-5 Steve Beaton

Michael van Gerwen 6-3 Mark Hylton

Dennis Priestley 6-2 Collin Lloyd

Mark Dudbridge 6-2 Denis Ovens

Jamie Caven 6-5 Justin Pipe

Andy Hamilton 6-3 Scott Rand

Quarter Finals

Wes Newton 6-2 Colin Osborne

Michael van Gerwen 6-4 Kevin Painter

Dennis Priestley 6-5 Mark Dudbridge

Jamie Caven 6-4 Andy Hamilton

Semi Finals

Michael van Gerwen 6-2 Wes Newton

Jamie Caven 6-2 Dennis Priestley

Final

Jamie Caven 6-4 Michael van Gerwen

Another title win for Jabba ... good to see Priestley continue his recent form as well.

Canadian Masters

Fourth Round

Wes Newton 6-3 Jelle Klaasen

Mark Dudbridge 6-3 John Part

Kevin Painter 6-4 Steve Evans

Colin Lloyd 6-4 Martin Tremblay

Jamie Caven 6-3 Mark Webster

Alan Tabern 6-4 Mark Hylton

Steve Maish 6-5 Barrie Bates

Dennis Priestley 6-2 Andy Hamilton

Quarter Finals

Wes Newton 6-2 Mark Dudbridge

Colin Lloyd 6-4 Kevin Painter

Jamie Caven 6-5 Alan Tabern

Steve Maish 6-5 Dennis Priestley

Semi Finals

Colin Lloyd 6-4 Wes Newton

Jamie Caven 6-2 Steve Maish

Final

Colin Lloyd 6-1 Jamie Caven

Great to see Lloyd continue his return to form in the last year. Good runs, again, from Caven and Priestley.

Just reading your results there Naitch and noticed John Part's name.

Whats been going on with him? Not seen him mentioned for quite some time

Since he won the 2008 World Championship his game has been in pretty much freefall. He won a couple of Tour events not long after the World Championship that year. But since the 08 Premier League he just hasn't got good reults at all. A Quater Final at the Grand Prix in 08 and a Semi at the 09 Las Vegas are his best Major results since then. Went out of the Worlds earlier this year with a 76 average!

He's had a better run of form this year. Winning an event in the US and reaching the latter stages of a few Tour events, but he's currently sitting at 31st in the Order of Merit. Terrible for a player of his talents.

It's hard to explain why he's fallen back so far. He's always been dangerously unpredictible on the Darts board, with form coming and going very quickly. He's had a few marital problems with his wife Natacha at home in the last year and I think that's affected him pretty strongly There's no question he still has the talent, just needs to apply it. But he's missed out on the summer Majors and that has affected him hard and he is working very hard in practice and has expanded his schedule to try and get back.

I'm not sure he'll ever get back to his old form. But I can see him getting back into the top 16. Don't rule him out at Ally Pally this coming December. He;ll be up for that and there few players under pressure than John.

Since he won the 2008 World Championship his game has been in pretty much freefall. He won a couple of Tour events not long after the World Championship that year. But since the 08 Premier League he just hasn't got good reults at all. A Quater Final at the Grand Prix in 08 and a Semi at the 09 Las Vegas are his best Major results since then. Went out of the Worlds earlier this year with a 76 average!

He's had a better run of form this year. Winning an event in the US and reaching the latter stages of a few Tour events, but he's currently sitting at 31st in the Order of Merit. Terrible for a player of his talents.

It's hard to explain why he's fallen back so far. He's always been dangerously unpredictible on the Darts board, with form coming and going very quickly. He's had a few marital problems with his wife Natacha at home in the last year and I think that's affected him pretty strongly There's no question he still has the talent, just needs to apply it. But he's missed out on the summer Majors and that has affected him hard and he is working very hard in practice and has expanded his schedule to try and get back.

I'm not sure he'll ever get back to his old form. But I can see him getting back into the top 16. Don't rule him out at Ally Pally this coming December. He;ll be up for that and there few players under pressure than John.

Cheers for that mate.

I do remember hearing several times that he used to fly back to Canada for the weekend during the worlds and would fly in and out weekly for the premier league.

Hope to see hhim back near the top in the future, always quite liked him

Cheers for that mate.

I do remember hearing several times that he used to fly back to Canada for the weekend during the worlds and would fly in and out weekly for the premier league.

Hope to see hhim back near the top in the future, always quite liked him

Yeah, that was never the right approach I don't think. He wasn't quite as dedicated to the Premier League as some of the others were, didn't seem to matter as much to him.

He's a very intelligent guy, very knowledgable and is good fun. Lets hope he comes back to the top!

Yeah, that was never the right approach I don't think. He wasn't quite as dedicated to the Premier League as some of the others were, didn't seem to matter as much to him.

He's a very intelligent guy, very knowledgable and is good fun. Lets hope he comes back to the top!

A comeback to the BDO commentary box would also be welcome. His knowledge and comments were often more entertaining than the matches themselves

A comeback to the BDO commentary box would also be welcome. His knowledge and comments were often more entertaining than the matches themselves

His analysis of the game has always been spot on and is a million times better than Harrington, Green and Taylor in the commentary box.

An absolute beast of a player when he's on his game and one of the few who were able to stand toe to toe with Taylor and not fold like a pack of cards.

They'd probably take David Croft out of the box for Part though, and he's one of the few darts commentators that I actually like.

The BBC have started to pay more attention to their coverage in recent years so I reckon they have to be considering dumping Tony Green, or at least, utilising him elsewhere (analysis with Bobby George, perhaps). That would leave the door open for someone decent to join the very enjoyable Crofty in the comms box.

The BBC have started to pay more attention to their coverage in recent years so I reckon they have to be considering dumping Tony Green, or at least, utilising him elsewhere (analysis with Bobby George, perhaps). That would leave the door open for someone decent to join the very enjoyable Crofty in the comms box.

Tony Green is the pits now. In years gone by i could put up with him but in the last few years his sheer ignorance towards the PDC and bigging up the BDO, has just been awful. I have nothing wrong with him bumming up the BDO but his "you wont see better darts anywhere in the world" nonsence, after a guy checks out on double 1 after 12 attempts is just cringeworthy. Especially when on the other channel your getting Taylor v Barney.

How old is he anyway? He looks about 90 on Bullseye and that was 20 years ago

Taylor vs. Barney these days just goes to show how much of a gulf in class there is in the PDC.

It's Phil Taylor and the rest. I dare say most of the top guys in the BDO could give any of the top PDC players outside of Taylor a game.

Taylor vs. Barney these days just goes to show how much of a gulf in class there is in the PDC.

It's Phil Taylor and the rest. I dare say most of the top guys in the BDO could give any of the top PDC players outside of Taylor a game.

I woul probably agree with that. There is a game in my mind from the BDO worlds this year, i cant remember who was playing but it was brutal stuff, to the extent it became exciting. Low scoring and poor check outs, Green thought it was match of the year stuff

Tony o'shea,Scott waites, and ted hankey could all make it in the pdc but why would they switch when taylor is light years ahead of everyone else ?.The bdo is more competitive the pdc is better quality.

Anyway just read in the new we love darts magazine that Jelle Klaasen is looking for a new nickname.Best i could come up with is Master Klaas :ph34r:

Surely someone can do better than that ?