Darts...

Sideshow

The crowd have been excellent here and in general the order has been first class apart from when Jones is playing but I suppose that's to be expected with him being the local boy.

Pantomime boos for Hankey and Nicho on entrance but going for doubles certainly not.

Hope this continues.

The order has been questionable in the Wayne Jones matches (I think it's him anyway) but aside from that you're right it's been good. I hope that guy gets pumped out to be honest. I'm all for someone getting booed if they give the crowd the big yins but Anderson and Webster got pleters for nothing in their matches. Pointless.

dubs, if both win their groups and both progress through the last 16 they will meet in the quarters. If the both finish 2nd in their group and win their last 16 they will meet in the quarters.

If one wins and the other is runner up in their group the will meet in the last 16.

If they both top their groups and win their last 16 games they will meet in the quarters as I understand.

Hankey should be a certainty to top his group and beat MVG in the last game but I don't see Nicholson's group as cut and dry for him. Beaton will be a hard game and Baxter should beat Monk so it could leave the three of them on 4 points if Beaton beats Nicholson.

Does it go to leg difference first and then the 9 dart shoot out in that situation? I canny mind.

Edited by Neilly

dubs, if both win their groups and both progress through the last 16 they will meet in the quarters. If the both finish 2nd in their group and win their last 16 they will meet in the quarters.

If one wins and the other is runner up in their group the will meet in the last 16.

Cheers, reason I ask is Hankey and Nicholson are both good prices to win outright (33/1 and 45/1 respectively) and with Taylor out of form, the short format, the fact both are already through and of course them both playing well, I thought it was a decent shout for an each-way bet. Would be pointless now though.

Taylors first dart always seemed to be just slightly above the mark. His covers to 19 were still good but i lost count the amount of times he was too high when going for 20s. It will no doubt take time to get used to the glasses.

Im sure i heard he was getting laser eye surgery?

You're spot on there. It must have hit the exact same spot just a bawhair above the T20 a good dozen times.

I don't know about laser eye surgery but he mentioned in the interview post match he had to seriously think about ditching the glecks for the Newton game. It's now all in his mind about these glasses and that's great for the rest of the field and the competition in general.

Cheers, reason I ask is Hankey and Nicholson are both good prices to win outright (33/1 and 45/1 respectively) and with Taylor out of form, the short format, the fact both are already through and of course them both playing well, I thought it was a decent shout for an each-way bet. Would be pointless now though.

Not sure it is pointless. You can dutch both. Maybe slightly favour one or other. You will be almost guaranteed a semi final runner. You can then lay your stake and watch your free bet romp home.

Order of play for tonight:

6.10pm - Tony O'Shea v Justin Pipe

6.45pm - Simon Whitlock v Robert Thornton

7.20pm - Terry Jenkins v Stacy Bromberg

7.55pm - Wayne Jones v Mark Hylton

8.30pm - Mervyn King v John Henderson

9.05pm - Gary Anderson v Mark Webster

9.40pm - Colin Osborne v Dave Chisnall

10.15pm - James Wade v Vincent van der Voort