Darts...

Sideshow

Missed the bit where I said that I could! It's a forum about opinions on subjects in this case darts forum where I thought u made comments good or bad about players,venues, commentators,standards averages ect

Eveyone knows the standard of the pdc is higher than the bdo.Amazes me how people get so annoyed by the bdo being 'shit'.

Winstanley is never 29.

What if Winstanley ever met Osborne in a final? :P

Very tough. I can see my hatred for Winstanley growing over the next few years, but I'd go for Osborne in the hope that it would crush winstanleys spirit to the point where he chucked the game :P

The standards always going to be higher in the PDC worlds, the vast majority of the players there are full time pros, not part-time county players. Most of the BDO players are making their tv debuts with the nerves etc...associated with that. There are only two tv tournaments at the mo and it means they aren't used to playing on the grand stage as often.

Having said that, some pro's, the likes of Ross Montgomery, have had the exposure and can't seem to handle the pressure. Even Gary Anderson was one of the players with a shocking tv record till he crossed the divide so we can't be too harsh on them. At the end of the day though if your good enough you should be able to take it in your stride and do well.

The main point is if you think its utter crap, don't watch it. There have been some good games this week even if the averages are not great. Hate to sound like the bbc commentators but averages aren't everything.

If the bdo is so piss poor why cant scott waites handle the lakeside, but has reached the last two grand slam finals?.

I'd rather know how he's feart to try the PDC.

If the bdo is so piss poor why cant scott waites handle the lakeside, but has reached the last two grand slam finals?.

Less pressure probably,Lakeside is the tournament to win if your in the bdo .He might got to the grand slam thinking he has nothing to lose.

Dont think you can accuse waites of being scared of playing the pdc,after his grand slam final and win.He would have to give up his job and travel alot more,plus he will have alot of friends in the bdo.

Only read back a few pages so dont know if this point has been raised:

The Adams love in on BBC is worse than that of Taylor on Sky.

He is either on the oche, in the commentary box, sitting with Bobby and Colin, adding his insight to one of David Crofts features or finally walking about in the background when Bobby is talking bull.

Would not shock me if he commentates on his own game tomorrow night

Apparently Brian Woods and Dave Chisnall will be the latest switchers to the PDC.

Another face you'd never tire of smacking.

Don't think it'll make much difference for Pecker making the switch, he'll be on the telly as much as he is now.

Guy threw 7 treble twentys and missed the treble nineteen, so yes he's happy where he is because of his poor standard, nothing to do with loyalty etc etc.

Just look at the pish hes beaten over the last two years en route to his "world dominance". Hes taken out journeymen and nobodies. Nine darters get thrown on the PDC pro tour every other week by no mark players. Unless Adams moves to the superior organisation with the better players, bigger stages and so forth, hes always going to be a fraud champion.

wheres your evidence that this is happening week in week out? what was the big deal with lewis getting it if they happen week in week out rolleyes.gif

Every other week. Not week in week out. Difference.

Lewis done it in a world final.

http://www.pdpa.co.uk/stats/9dartclub/

13 9 darters last season, plus Lewis now.

Ok?